• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

April CEG Meet Ideas

FYI .......... PDXSVT and I will be leaving the Portland area around high noon to head up north. All (GN) are invited to run along with us......

Barge.... on second thought perhaps you should start with a fish and work up to a dog.... :laugh:

Regards,
AF

Hah, what the heck would I want a fish for. I'd rather buy a plasma screen and loop a fish tank video on it... same basic thing for a lot less work.

Thanks for coming everyone! Good to meet new people and see some old faces. Maybe next time the weather will be better and allow for a photo op. Are there any pictures to post? Aussie?

Well if these don't crash the site then nothing will....LOL

First on Friday Steve and I met up with Humboltkill, a nice fellow... there was just one little issue to overcome like the Godfathers pizza we were to meet at had closed several years ago.... guess it's been a while since I was there... We managed to reset to Round Table Pizza in Tigard and had a good time. 04-18-08_2002.jpg
04-18-08_2003.jpg
BTW Hum if you want to be cool, might I suggest that you fix your burned out headlight....:cool: It's the details that will get you.... and you have a nice car there.

Sat was great too... Nice to meet all you guys and we had a good round trip. It got a bit slick at one point and several cars ahead of us got in a bit of trouble looked like 4 that I can remember seeing on the side of the road with the emergency vehicles.
04-19-08_1601.jpg
good food and friends

04-19-08_1650.jpg
L>R back row:
95Mike, Shotwell, Aussie Ford, PDXSVT.
L>R front row:
DDV, Barge, Bugzuki

04-19-08_2030.jpg
PDXSVT and I had to stop for gas since I run out at the 3/4 tank mark (gotta get that fuel pump replaced one of these days) and it started snowing hard while we were fueling. Shortly after we passed the wrecks on the road. We had no problems, but let me say that PDX's SVT sounded good when he went by me doing around 3 digits.... but it is my pleasure to be passed by such a nice car....and fellow. I actually flew by him and blew his doors off when he wasn't paying attention (and cruising around 70) ..... who says SE's ain't great cars...:laugh:

DDV, your car sounds awesome send me a PM with the details will ya.

Bugzuki, please say thank you to your wife offering her seat at the table to my son. He really isn't one of us crazy CEG'rs, but I used him as a driver for the 95. One day I'm gonna have to get with SleeperZ to have him run over the kids 97 GranPrix with his 4banger....lol

But your wife's offer was very kind. Thanks.

Thanks to 95Mike for the exhaust manifolds I promise to put them to good use, Barge for having a sense of humor nice to meet you, and to Shotwell for gett'n us all together.

Regards,
AF

Nice job on the post/pics Aussie. I feel like i was right there with you all(slowly a tear runs down my cheek and.....ok ok) But in all seriousness you could have photo chopped me into the group pic lol.I had a great time,who can go wrong with Round Table pizza and a couple of ford/contour Enthusiasts picking each others brain.Im about to open pandora's box,ok its Aussies 99 ford data disc but its the same effect lol. Im going to figure out where the cabin hepa filter is and see if its ever been replaced.My guess is it hasnt been touched. Anyway weathers getting better so we might have to start to plan the next meet?

Aussie,how in the heck did you spot my headlight issues? Did you see through the headlight lens and see the filament from3 feet away,lol. I dont recall having my headlights on....I have one blue driverside bulb and a stocker on the other.I will take care of that saturday.I also have a foglight out,any idea where to order a set that drops right in? is there a upgrade that fits with no mods? Stock will work but they didnt seem that bright.

At this point, I'm probably not gonna make it to this one. I've been asked to help a friend of mine work on her car, and I have other things I was going to do this weekend besides that. :( Grrrr...

Marty

Missed ya, Marty. Was looking forward to finally meeting you after all these years!

And, what happened to SamSVT?

It was a good turnout, but sorry I didn't have time to stick around and check out your cars. Responsibilities and all. . .

Humboldtkill - Im going to figure out where the cabin hepa filter is and see if its ever been replaced.My guess is it hasnt been touched. It is in the fire wall on the passenger side. You need to pop off the screw covers & remove the screws on the cowl covers around the wipers. Then under the hood pull off the weather seal and remove the fasteners along the cowl. The passenger side half comes off and the filter is there. It's about $29 at Schucks AP.

Anyway weathers getting better so we might have to start to plan the next meet? Right on.

Aussie,how in the heck did you spot my headlight issues? Did you see through the headlight lens and see the filament from3 feet away,lol. :laugh: I might be old but I ain't blind (well not with my glasses on)... LOL

I also have a foglight out,any idea where to order a set that drops right in? is there a upgrade that fits with no mods? Stock will work but they didnt seem that bright. There is much discussion on fog lights. Pilots from WalMart are very popular as a cheap mod $20 +/-. They can be made to work with the factory switch. Some have gone to a brighter bulb with mixed results. Some have melted the plastic lense. From there it is a matter of how much you want to spend. There are many after market ones that can be made to work. On the other hand many like the stock ones and if you polish them every once in a while like your headlights they will work fine and last a long time. I keep and extra set and just swap them out then clean them up and put them away til next time. If you want more or whiter light you can get Silver Star bulbs at Auto Zone. We can talk about this a bit more.

AF

Back