• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my roommates 3L vs 4cyl question

So, while we're wishing for good traction in our FWD cars, I'd like a pony.:laugh:

Seriously though, why not just test top speed then? My old '89 trapped 92.5mph with a 15.2 before I did any mods...but would pull 143 at NHIS COM school...I still lost at the drags LOL.

Drag racing in itself is first one to the end of the 1/4 mile, not who went through fastest. As my 3rd grade teacher used to say, 'If "if's and buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas' :)

A car that has a higher trap speed "normally" is the car that is more fun to drive. I would take Stazi's old car, Steebs car, Rays car, Burretas car over almost "affordable" car out there.....i.e. 05+ Mustang GT etc. It isn't as fast in the 1/4 mile but once it gets traction it is one hell of a drive.

Try a Mini or a Miata...way more grip than power and a FREAKing ball...not to mention, dominating on the road course.

A car that has a higher trap speed "normally" is the car that is more fun to drive. I would take Stazi's old car, Steebs car, Rays car, Burretas car over almost "affordable" car out there.....i.e. 05+ Mustang GT etc. It isn't as fast in the 1/4 mile but once it gets traction it is one hell of a drive.

Back