• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hmm why doesn't my car run?

mattsBLK99cSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Hmmmmm what is wrong with this..........
dow5xh.jpg

mmmm 2.5 goodness
10odvnb.jpg

Take a few pics after you pull it apart so we can see what failed.

Did it just let loose going down the highway?
i def. will,
i was going to work and i had to make a right hand turn, i knew any right turn could be its last, so i slowed down to about 15mph before the turn, i made the turn, the car stuttered for a second and then i heard a pff pfff noise, and then finally all the dash lights went on and there was a huge oil trail behind my car. Luckily the car blew right up infont of work so i avoided having to call a tow truck.

i have the EXACT same picture of that on my car...

driving down the highway, boom goes svt

ran over pieces of my own engine :cry:

3l is cheaer than a 2.5!!!!!

ditto.

I thought the same thing,"why don't I just rebuild my 2.5" but ended up about $570 dollars for just parts. Then I tried searching for a complete 2.5 and had no luck. Found a complete 3L for cheap, so it's going in tonight and tomorrow!

By the way, yeah that's supposed to be there, it's a intake hole, makes your oil get more air...er something.:laugh:

Last edited:
had that happen in my old 92 chevy shortwide...350 5speed....it threw both front rods through the pan...dumped all 5qts in like a 10-20feet spot on the highway..kinda sucked...i did the natural thing and kicked that stpid bowtie through the grill:laugh: oh yeah the motor only had 3k on it...first and last time i pay someone else to build me a motor!

Back