• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My setup

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
ok i want some oppinioons on this exhaust setup im going to be getting this fall fior the SVT.

MSDS headers (coated)
Custom 2.5" y-pipe
2.5" in/out High flow Magnaflow catylitic convertor
NO RESONATOR!
2.5" custom bent piping all around
2.5" in/out Universal BORLA "S" type mufflers(aka stingers)
4" round polished angle cut rolled embriodered BORLA tips
Everything nicely welded togeather for nice secure fit.

I also have a CTA motorsports Maf adapter with a K&N RU-3530

What do you guys think of sound and power from this setup??? all opinions welcome since i will be spending alot of money on this.

ps: no comments about switching the borla mufflers to magnaflows. my dad has borla on his focus and lincoln and they sound like heaven.

beacuase i want the most straight through system i can get. i want to be herd

Well you should be heard with that setup :laugh:

I only asked because I prefer quiet myself. All sleeper like ;)

2.5" custom bent piping all around

I'm assuming you are getting mandrel bent piping then? If so doesn't sound like a bad setup

Are you going to still have a dual setup? If you are the 2.5" setup from the y back to the split is going to be the biggest restriction. 3" in that section would open it up even more.

Last edited:
so wait a sec should i got a 3" cat with 3" piping down to 2.5" for the fufflers? but have it be 3" at the split? or would going from 2.5-3-back to 2.5 be restrective as well n not me do me much?idk open for ideas

so wait a sec should i got a 3" cat with 3" piping down to 2.5" for the fufflers? but have it be 3" at the split?

This one would obviously be the least restrictive ;) But as I said thats going to be L O U D and you don't really need that much flow just for an NA 2.5L but for a F/I setup like I see you're planning it might be beneficial.

This one would obviously be the least restrictive ;) But as I said thats going to be L O U D and you don't really need that much flow just for an NA 2.5L but for a F/I setup like I see you're planning it might be beneficial.
well actualy i dont think im gonna be goin the F/I route any more. beacuase in January i think im gonna start saving up for my dream car. which is an 03`Cobra. but yeah i also had the idea of mayb instead of doing all the y-pipe n all of that just put straight piping from the headers n have dual cats going straight back to the mufflers n so on so i would have a "True dual" system n have to not worry about restrictions and loos of power.

...with no resonator, get ready for the raspy sound at start-up...some people don't mind, others hate it...

From personal experience, I didn't like it and ended up putting a resonator back on...

...with no resonator, get ready for the raspy sound at start-up...some people don't mind, others hate it...

From personal experience, I didn't like it and ended up putting a resonator back on...

I purchased my car without one and it sucked, hard, for highway travel. Put a glasspack in and called it a day.

if you want to sound hard........

Weapon R headers
Weapon R Y pipe
2.5" test pipe
2.5" cat back, one magnaflow muffler, no resonators, no cats.

it sounds mean, it's LOUD and i've got the ticket to prove it.... :) ask redlineracer.

Back