• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic says it all

thanks. Its almost wrapped up. But like I said, and I had the feeling, they are re-taring the driveway area at the storage unit I use and it was completely blocked off about an hour ago. Hopefully its openning back up soon so I can get the bumper back on the car and drive it some tonight before the rain tomorrow. Then Sunday I am taking it down to my parents and having black 98 svt (doug here in CT) install the turbo timer and re-wire my alarm.

yeah and now I think I may have an exhaust leak again. Think it is the exhaust side of the waste gate as its only noisy when I am in the boost. That one lasted an hour or so this time. Have to let it cool down and check and re tighten everything.

Impressions:
3 psi isn't enough for the 3L. But it isn't bad either. It makes 1st gear pull really hard. And on the highway when you roll into it it just up and accelerates. Nothing dramatic but it up and goes. Drive like normal under about 4K rpm.

well I found out that the bolts for the waste gate came loose again. But I am not sure that is where the leak is from. All I know is that if I look straight up at all the pipe from under the car the exhaust is coming straight down. So I think I will be pulling the turbo and wastegate again tomorrow to re-seal everything. Car sounds pretty good, the exhaust was to quiet before the leak.

anyway ....

DSC04737.JPG

DSC04735.JPG

DSC04732.JPG

DSC04734.JPG

DSC04736.JPG

It was awesome riding in it tonight. Wow what a ride :laugh: :laugh: :crazy: :drool: Brian's giving me the ride of my life :shocked: :drool: :laugh: :eek:

Man, that looks nice Brian. Good job! Hopefully all these little problems go away but we both know that never happens lol. Can't wait to see it!

Awesome work Brian. I can't wait to check it out in person. Is it safe to say that the Nautilus kit get's your full endorsement? You need to pm me a complete list of the mods you did specifically for the turbo setup and also what kit you went with. I'm seriously thinking about doing something similar for my car come fall. Especially since I have a daily now. Woot!

well go figure, the wastegate gasket blew out in the same spot as the first one. What I did was when I made my own I took the other original gasket and moved it to the spot where the first one blew out and made my own for the second one. well the one I made was fine but then again it was on the down side of the wastegate. So I will just make my own again but make this one alittle oversized to make the area where the other two failed thicker. Its funny, I tightened them all up last night and they where all loose again this morning. Definately time for locktite.

problem fixed yet again. So far so good. But this time I am going to check the bolts before driving the car again. And if they are loose I will back them out and add some licktite.

Yeah, I was going to mention Locktite to you... you beat me too it :)

And not to be picky but your intercooler seems crooked...

Nice work Brian! I knew you could handle to whole install by yourself! I wanted to help, but nice to see you were able to do it. You must be proud of all that work.

I'm sure I'll see it soon.

Yeah, I was going to mention Locktite to you... you beat me too it :)

And not to be picky but your intercooler seems crooked...

Nice work Brian! I knew you could handle to whole install by yourself! I wanted to help, but nice to see you were able to do it. You must be proud of all that work.

I'm sure I'll see it soon.

I really don't think the intercooler is crooked, I think its the pipes that make it look that way.

I wanted to come by today but it looked like it was going to rain ....

Should be nice most of the day Sunday... plus I am installing Dr.Cross's MSDS Headers, so feel free to swing by if you like...

Back