• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Its here .........................BUT

If the car is OK or not, it has been violated. That's like taking a car that has never been in an accident, bashing the rear 1/4 panel in with a sledge hammer, and having everyone say "you will never be able to tell and I bet the paint will match perfectly"

Heh, "that'll buff out."

Ryan, make them pay to have all the nicks and scratches on the ground effects package repainted, too. Those gouges could have easily occurred during the transport.

It doesn't matter what you paid for the transport; people need to take their jobs more seriously or get a new job.

Last edited:
Chalk another one up to "don't use cheap car haulers." Seems like if you don't spend $800-1000 at least you're going to have a crappy story to share.

Sorry about your luck. FWIW, when I saw how cheap you were shipping it for I started to worry for you. At least it was just the exhaust and they are offering to pay.

Well after a long night of tossing and turning and NO sleep I am here again still pretty pissed off, I am about to call ford and see about getting the chalk box fixed, then the exhaust. I will take pics and keep yall informed.

Ryan, it'll work out. You have a lot of things that aren't giving you fits. Get the car fixed and enjoy it.

Ultimately, it's only a car. Good health and somebody compatible to share your life with are much more valuable than any material possession. How do you know you wouldn't have taken it out first thing that night and gotten blindsided by a drunk driver?

Man Ryan that bites what happen because now you have to fix it before you drive it. Lay up guys believe me the worst thing to happen is to get your car you worked so hard for $$ and now you can't even drive it that the part that really hurts. But on a side note did you received the big ass intercooler I sent you? You should have got it by now or today so hopefully you can huge that until the car is back. Joey

No it hasnt arrived yet Joey I am sure it will today. I called a ford dealership 1/4 mile from my house and they can fix the charcoal box so I am gonna get ready and have it towed over there and see how much thats gonna be.

Dang Ryan,
To all those who said its not that big of a deal and to calm down, I know you would be just as mad if you paid out $$ for a car that you have been dreaming about. I know Id be too.
How are the seats Ryan? Everything good with those?
Sorry again :(

Wow that blows big time, I'm amazed you didn't flip the script and give the guy a seen from deliverance.

Yeah the seats are amazing, I love them and the sparco harsess.

Its at ford now getting the charcoal box done, then when they are done, it will be towed to a exhaust shop to either fix it ir do a whole new exhaust.

Yeah the seats are amazing, I love them and the sparco harsess.

Its at ford now getting the charcoal box done, then when they are done, it will be towed to a exhaust shop to either fix it ir do a whole new exhaust.

I would demand a whole new exhaust. That car needs to be PRISTINE. Hope to see it back on the road soon!

I am, I am gonna have them do a stainless 3" and bill the car hauler for it.

Here are some more pics I took this morning. The seats are almost my favorite thing.

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

new5.jpg

new6.jpg

new7.jpg

new8.jpg

new9.jpg

new10.jpg

Glad you like them Ryan. Sorry if there are a few fuzzies/hairs on them. I tried to clean them as best as I could. Enjoy the car dude :)

I have lint rollers that I will keep in the car at all times. I will enjoy it whenever the hell I can drive it:mad:

Well Ryan, I feel for ya, I hope you use some of the words I told you about when talking to the transport driver. I forgot to add "Pinhead" to that list. Nothing worse than to spend money on something you really want and see it damaged or don't work as promised. I may have had to to break out my nine on this deal. Last time I did was on a contractor that was trying to cheat me on some work on my house.

Sorry to hear about the car. Yes, I'd be upset too. But you seem to be taking it to an extreme. Getting mad isn't going to help matters. Like someone above said, it's only a car in the grand scheme of things, and having your health is much more important. It'll get fixed at their expense, and you'll look back and realize that the wait was well worth it.:cool:

BTW, the car looks really good. Hopefully it dries up enough for you to have some fun with it, once it's out of the shop. I'm sure you'll have many more pictures for everyone! :)

Mark

Yes I will. The ford dealership just called and it was gonna be 1k to fix the charcoal box, but since its just for emissions purposes and I dont have emisions, they said bring it to an exhaust shop and have them cap it off and do the exhaust, the tow truck is on it way now and the shop said he may be done with it tomorow.

I'd have them make the repair and charge it to the transport company just on the basis they damaged it and I would want my car back to how it was before they got a hold of it. Not to mention you never know when your area may start requiring emissions testing.

Yes I will. The ford dealership just called and it was gonna be 1k to fix the charcoal box, but since its just for emissions purposes and I dont have emisions, they said bring it to an exhaust shop and have them cap it off and do the exhaust, the tow truck is on it way now and the shop said he may be done with it tomorow.

Back