• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ST24 Magazine Feature Pics

Mark T

CEG'er
I had a feature in one of the big Ford mags in the UK last month & I've been sent a disc with some of the pics on it from my day with the Fast Ford guys, when I say some it's got 387 pics on it

Now that the March issue isn't the latest anymore I can post some of the pics up here for you guys to have a look at

ZX6Y3400.jpg

ZX6Y3413.jpg

ZX6Y3435.jpg

ZX6Y3447.jpg

ZX6Y3453.jpg

ZX6Y3460.jpg

ZX6Y3480.jpg

ZX6Y3481.jpg

ZX6Y3506.jpg

ZX6Y3512.jpg

wow, just wow.

that car is absolutely incredible, with the first shot I thought to myself "okay a clean ST24... whatever"

then the more I looked at it, the more wrong I was. Absolutely beautiful car.

What does the hybrid motor put down?

that ST24 is beautiful. ive always liked the hatch-backs better than the sedans in the US. really clean, and very well done car. i love the splitter on the front bumper. awesome car man.

I've been spending some time on photog forums, so my commentary may be less flattering.

First off, nice camera!

My real criticism is the harshness of the flash. It is quite harsh in many of the shots. You should have used off camera flash or tried to do w/o flash and retouched in post-processing.

Have you tried post-processing the flash more finely?

I think you could have incorporated a bit of depth of field in some of the shots as well. I think some bokeh would have been nice in the background.

The first two panning shots were really nice! I'm still trying to learn this method and am not really good at it, so I really respect it. The last one seems a bit out of focus, though.

The composition seems very nice, too. Again, would have liked some bokeh on the close-up shots. Unfortunately, your car is too close to the background to get a real nice bokeh in the shot.

I like the picture, a lot. Gorgeous subject! I'm being a bit critical b/c of the higher quality of these shots compared to your typical consumer shots. Very nice, indeed! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers for all the comments guys :)

ancientsanskrit - These are only a selection of the nearly 400 pics that were taken on the day. I don't actualy think they used any of the pics I've posted in the mag. I only selected these as I thought these looked good IMO. I've had to reduce them loads as well as they were massive files so they could well have lost some of the quality in the reduction process.
These haven't been played with at all.
All I've done is put the black border round them as my Photoshop skills are up to about that & thats it, LOL

I hate you for perpetuating my pipe dream of getting a Mondy chassis and chopping it to fit US standards on a 'Tour.

Beautiful work, man. I love it.

Nice one Mark superb pic`s and well done on the mag feature - well earned and deserved.

Keep up the excellent work m8 and I hope you have some cracking figures at the rolling road tomorrow.

Back