• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what mufflers are these?

mrfatride

CEG'er
i have permission from reebs to use this pic....

reebssvtrear.jpg

what mufflers are these? he said the can said magnaflow but it had no id number on them....i have seen em on a few svt's so i know someone has to know what ones they are??? are the tips part of the muffler or is the tip separate??? thanks for any info!!!

Last edited:
so by lookin at it they look like it would be a 14813....4 inch tip 6 inch body and 14 inches in length....can anyone who has a similar setup like reebs possibly measure for me to see if that sounds right? thanks!

My tips are wayyy more rolled than the pic of that magnaflow, but I believe mine are 4inch tips as well. A 4inch tip fills the stock cutouts very nicely.

im not seeing a muffler on their site that has much more of a rolled tip than that....but if a 4 inch tip will fill it then i will prolly go with that one...looks pretty good....might not make the one you have anymore reebs

im not seeing a muffler on their site that has much more of a rolled tip than that....but if a 4 inch tip will fill it then i will prolly go with that one...looks pretty good....might not make the one you have anymore reebs

I like the one in the picture better anyways. :) Buy it.

14813lg.jpg

I like the one in the picture better anyways. :) Buy it.

14813lg.jpg

That crap has to be loud...especially if you replaced your stock resonator with an aftermarket.

I guess i am getting old and i like my car quiet :shrug:

i drove a 3L with magnaflow resonator and two mufflers similar to that one, I believe they are the same ones Pole120 has installed with a trubendz piping kit and it wasn't to loud at all, was just about perfect

i drove a 3L with magnaflow resonator and two mufflers similar to that one, I believe they are the same ones Pole120 has installed with a trubendz piping kit and it wasn't to loud at all, was just about perfect

See having msds headers with stock cat and a magnaflow resonator, i loved the sound. But i hated the drone. I drove mostly on e-way. So between 68-80 was mad drone. I just got to the point were i just put the stock resonator back on. After having the stock resonator on, it honestly killed my gas mileage. I get 275 now instead of 300+:blackeye: . I would love to take off the resonator again. If i honestly knew of something else i could put in the same place that will eliminate the drone. Any ideas???

Not at all.
See i love a nice sounding exhaust. Just not for a daily driver.

Last edited:
See having msds headers with stock cat and a magnaflow resonator, i loved the sound. But i hated the drone. I drove mostly on e-way. So between 68-80 was mad drone. I just got to the point were i just put the stock resonator back on. After having the stock resonator on, it honestly killed my gas mileage. I get 275 now instead of 300+:blackeye: . I would love to take off the resonator again. If i honestly knew of something else i could put in the same place that will eliminate the drone. Any ideas???

See i love a nice sounding exhaust. Just not for a daily driver.

A bigger aftermarket resonator? Otherwise what do you have for mufflers?

Back