• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My dads new fun car!!!

What I obviously meant was that your attitude towards a V6 mustang is comparable to the general public's attitude to a ford contour, a huge fleet/granny car in it's day (that I do indeed love.)

"Why would anyone modify a v6 mustang" sounds just like "why would anyone modify a ford contour" to me.

I'm sure you also think modding a lowly zetec 4 cylinder is a waste of time too.

I respect anyone who can make awesome amounts of power on any engine/platform and I think turning your nose up on them is quite elitist and narrow minded. :shrug:

Im with you there buckeroo

I'm sure you also think modding a lowly zetec 4 cylinder is a waste of time too.

I respect anyone who can make awesome amounts of power on any engine/platform and I think turning your nose up on them is quite elitist and narrow minded. :shrug:
Modifying a Zetec is a waste of time to me.
I might sound elitist and narrow-minded, but that's my opinion.
If you're going to mod a Contour, start with an SVT.
If you're going to mod a Mustang, start with a V8.
You can make ANYTHING fast with enough time and money, but what you choose to start with and the way you go about it is where taste and common sense play a role.
Just my opinions, feel free to disagree.
-J

Hey, not every car will be liked by everyone, but people don't always need an opinion, either.
Unfortunately that's what happens when you post pics of your car on websites; you have to expect both the +/- opinions.
I apologize if I was harsh, didn't really mean to be like that.
The car appears to be well done, just not my taste.
Its just that when I see certain things I have an opinion on (like modding a V6 Mustang is a waste to me) I'll make a comment.
-J

The idea that a mustang sucks because its not a v8 is a little flawed... stock for stock, of course the v8 is faster, but if you plan on modding it, get what you want. there are plenty of much faster cars than blown v8 mustangs that have v6's... even 4 bangers!f

What a cobbled mess of a car. Cobra emblems, GT6 emblems, Steeda emblems, and a cowl hood with no go.

Pick one theme and go with it.

Now first off, the car isn't crap just because it has all show and no go.
I think the mustang is just pure :drool: :drool:

Perfect example:
thefive-oh.jpg

It's not the fastest car, but that doesnt make it worthless. If the mustang were mine, i would'a done it differently. Just dont ever race anybody;) :D

The only side exhaust I like is the roush set up. Sharp looking car though. I'd remove the cobra badges because it's not, remove the stickers, and get bigger rims. I have 17"s too, and there way to small. I think 18"s or 19" is the way to go with these cars. Heres a pic of mine.
Picture285.jpg

Anyways it looks to be a nice car! Take good care of it and keep her clean.

why does everyone have to talk some :censored::censored::censored::censored: everytime someones posts a pic? seriously....if you think it looks like ass keep it to yourself, me personally i like it, QUIT :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:ING YOUR NOT DRIVING IT!!!!

why does everyone have to talk some :censored::censored::censored::censored: everytime someones posts a pic? seriously....if you think it looks like ass keep it to yourself, me personally i like it, QUIT :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:ING YOUR NOT DRIVING IT!!!!
Chill bro. See my above post. You're open to opinions from both sides when you decide to post a pic in a public forum. That's life, get over it.
Here's a dirty pic of my car, flame away if you want:
91side1.jpg

-J

how can you flame a built 5.0 stang?

on a side note, your dads stang will look a lot better if he just debadged it and took off the steeda stickers. he wouldnt have so many haters if he wasnt a wanna-be cobra owner

Chill bro. See my above post. You're open to opinions from both sides when you decide to post a pic in a public forum. That's life, get over it.
Here's a dirty pic of my car, flame away if you want:
91side1.jpg

-J

im just in a bad mood today.....i need a nap

nice 5-0 by the way

so what, his post should read

"hey, i want people to tell me that this car is sweet! but if you don't like it, you're not allowed to comment."

Back