• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pictures of my brothers 66 stang

jtour

CEG'er
Here is my brothers 1966 mustang. It has a 289 V8 with a 4 speed trans. As you can see it has upgraded headers, cam, 4 barrel carb. It also has a brand new exhaust and front suspension. Here are some pictures. The car is dirty once it gets nice out here in Chicago we will clean it up and post more pictures. The guy that sold it to my brother put the 350 GT stickers on the side that may come off later this year. Below you will see the stats the car had on the day it rolled out of the assembly line back in 1966. The car is getting the alignment done this week. Oh and the color is a GM pearl white...I know, I know GM...but it looks great in person.

Classic Mustang Decoder Results
Warranty Number: 6T07C207990
Year: 6 1966

Plant: T Metuchen, NJ

Body Series: 07 2 Door Hardtop

Engine: C 289 2v V8

Unit: 207990 207990

Miscellaneous Vehicle Data
Body: 65B 2 Door Hardtop, Pony Interior

Color: 8 Springtime Yellow

Trim: 66A Black Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior

Date: 15B February 15, 1966

D.S.O: 24 Jacksonville

Axle: 6 2.80:1, Conventional

Trans: 6 C4 Automatic

Okay enought of the chatting...here are the pictures!!!

IMG_0258.jpg

Dec2007009.jpg

Dec2007010.jpg

Dec2007006.jpg

Dec2007008.jpg

Dec2007004.jpg

Dec2007003.jpg

Dec2007002.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:cool:

Very nice! I'd take the "GT 350" off, but thats just me...

Glad to see its driven and not just locked up all the time. Is it a daily or just an every once in a while?

Yeah, the "350GT" stickers will most likely come off. Thanks for the tips on the brake lines. Looks like we have a weekend project to fix.

is the driver's door closed?
was the body work a home job or professional?

I do have to agree that the GT350 badge is out of place, and definitely run proper steel, double flared brake lines.

is the driver's door closed?
was the body work a home job or professional?

I do have to agree that the GT350 badge is out of place, and definitely run proper steel, double flared brake lines.

No the driver side door was not closed and yes the 350GT stickers are coming off. I want to thank for the heads up on the brake lines I have placed an order for some new brake lines. Im also thinking of upgrading the front brakes to 13 inch Cobra disc brakes:cool:

Oh and the paint job was done by a professonal. He did it for my bro as a side job. The pearl came out perfect. The pictures dont do justice.

Last edited:
Back