• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Uconn Car Show

Yeah I'm definitely down. Maybe I can defend my award for best Ford from last year, or maybe not :laugh: .

that could have been meee! A very soaked and unhappy me :blackeye: I think I'll get over it. I'm down to hit up the show circuit some more this year. Not that I'll have anything that great to show off. I need a 3L turbo or a merkur or something...I'm getting antsy...

that could have been meee! A very soaked and unhappy me :blackeye: I think I'll get over it. I'm down to hit up the show circuit some more this year. Not that I'll have anything that great to show off. I need a 3L turbo or a merkur or something...I'm getting antsy...

Engine
Ford Taurus(6-183, 3.0L), DOHC (VIN S, Duratec)-42,000 V71734$315.24LKQ - Route 16 Used Auto USA-MA(Webster) E-mail 1-800-423-4006362004
Engine
Mercury Sable(6-183,3.0L),DOHC (VIN S, Duratec)-65K V70677$315.24LKQ - Route 16 Used Auto USA-MA(Webster) E-mail 1-800-423-4006

do it up then .... also LKQ and ship any enigne in the country that they have to your local LKQ for pick up at no extra cost

He won't even pick up a lug nut and brake caliper brackets from my house, let alone pick up a 3L motor from LKQ. You can throw that idea out the window. :laugh: :laugh:

I keed, I keed. :p

well for $100 more it could be delivered to Greg's

ugh...then I'll have to get svt cams/topend, then beef up the trans...then have greg install everything...it'll all spiral out of control!!!

(checking bank account for funds...)

Anyone wanna buy a 2.5L with 93k that runs beautifully?? JK...but seriously...

He won't even pick up a lug nut and brake caliper brackets from my house, let alone pick up a 3L motor from LKQ. You can throw that idea out the window. :laugh: :laugh:

I keed, I keed. :p

I gotta go to wolcott for a haircut sometime this week...I'll stop by on my way back to hartford and get the stuff, i swear!

Last edited:
ugh...then I'll have to get svt cams/topend, then beef up the trans...then have greg install everything...it'll all spiral out of control!!!

(checking bank account for funds...)

Anyone wanna buy a 2.5L with 93k that runs beautifully?? JK...but seriously...

you don't need the SVT top end. I didn't dyno any difference with the SVT UIM/LIM, or if I did it wasn't much. The dyno showed that the PCM netted me more power. Also talk to ctmystique as he is running a ported 3L with SE intake and a stock mtx. So you can upgrade the rest later on.

Why you takin my job, I'm the 3L fanboy... And if everyone gets a 3L then we won't be too unique? Sell me your turbo!!!2k?

because my 3L is going in one weekend this month and it might be sooner then later ... turbo kit shows up thursday but I am guessing that I'll have trouble getting it because it needs to be signed for so I will have to pick it up myself Friday ....

because my 3L is going in one weekend this month and it might be sooner then later ... turbo kit shows up thursday but I am guessing that I'll have trouble getting it because it needs to be signed for so I will have to pick it up myself Friday ....

Need a hand?? PM sent

So , what days should i take off for that turbo install? I promise to ACTUALLY help out installing this one, def.....need to take notes for next winter.

So , what days should i take off for that turbo install? I promise to ACTUALLY help out installing this one, def.....need to take notes for next winter.

Well when and where the Turbo is installed in highly dependent on Gregs plans for his own car, as I want to work around his plans so that he can get the work done that he wants. That is part of the reason the 3L will be done sooner then later this month. When I have it all figured out I'll let you guys know.

I'm gonna try my best to make it out there but I have so much to do with the SVT and it needs some major detailing. I have a cracked windshield to get replaced too.

Back