• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Uconn Car Show

If anything the CCSU car show is much more of a better shot for me. The cars getting wet sanded the week before and then i'll detail it the morning of in my garage starting at 5 am... No Uconn for me, maybe the fall show.

if the weather is good I will try to come with one of my cars. I had the SeVT out today and it needs alot of cleaning up before I can show it ...

well the previous year show started at 10 am I believe. As I recall the one year I went it filled up pretty fast.

so i think I will be going. anyway want to meet at Big Y off exit 68 at 9:40 and we can all head up to Uconn togather a few minutes after 10?

April 19th - UConn Car Club 5th Annual Spring Car Meet - W-Lot Commuter Parking Lot on the Storrs Campus
Directly off Storrs Rd (rt. 195), Storrs CT - Registration ($10) 9am-12pm, Trophies at 3pm

found this information ... what time does everyone want to meet?

I'm out for this weekend. I just have too much going on and the car looks like crap right now. I washed it and cleaned it up a little bit yesterday, but still need a complete Zaino polish. The windshield is just getting replaced today at work.

I have to replace Sandra's entire exhaust tomorrow as well.

well I didn't get to finish cleaning my car up so I don't plan on going now either. just not ready for a show as of this time

Well I saw your car by the Apt tonight looked pretty clean to me? :shrug:
You weren't working to hard on it either.

Well I saw your car by the Apt tonight looked pretty clean to me? :shrug:
You weren't working to hard on it either.

well that was for the 20 minutes I was here having dinner. I ended up doing this most of the afternoon:

04-18-08_1848.jpg

Some of the pipes I got had been sitting around and had some rust on them. So I took a wire brush to them and removed teh rust. I then coated them with a rust inhibitor/primer. Then they got a coat of 1200 degree primer then paint. I didn't realize the top coat was so bright based on the cap of the paint can.

Also I took the porter cable to the front half of Jess Civic and used the paint cleaner and Z-AIO.

I also re-ran the amp wire in the trunk. I also tried to install my capasitor and change the trunk lid struts. I also had to get and install new battery terminals this afternoon. I couldn't get the possitive terminal tight on the battery post. Finally I detailed the engine.

Oh yeah I also spent some time at Ford trying to track down a few things. Seems the drain hose and lower radiator hose are discontinued.

And why I say it isn't clean is I only took the porter cable to the hood, back half of the roof and the passanger side of the car. I still need to hit the rest of the car with the Z-AIO, then I need to apply a coat of Z5 and Z2 followed bu Z8 before I am ready to show the car.

Back