• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good bye....

At the end of the day the SRT-4 is faster.

Im sure you could spend 10000 and be just as fast as a corvette... but then you have a contour and i have a corvette... big deal.

The SRT-4 is a MUCH better platform for modding, the SVT has oiling issues, transmission issues, your differential will blow, the clutch cant handle much power.. its just a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty platform to make fast in a straight line...simple as that.

But it dosent really matter, both cars are pretty slow in the real world of things, a stock mustang GT will beat both stock... and a mustang GT isnt rare.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!! :laugh:

these losers arent gonna let this go are they? how about this ex-racer or wotever ur name is...? u take ur pile of crap as u've so eloquently put it and put it away or sumthn. am not gonna stoop to ur neanderthal thinking. unfortunately, u're intelligence is so subpar, or should i say mopar:laugh: that u couldnt see the much much cheaper option. i race my buddy who's upgrading to a stage 2, film it and post it here just to shut u up. and what do you know? i've saved 1000dollars or more. think b4 u type more often dude. oh!, and the arcade thing?, :laugh: looked at ur sig recently?

ahhh... i see it will be option three for you.... "punk out after running your mouth and not backing it up."

as for my subpar intelligence, take a long hard look at your post and the nearly incoherent quality of it.

i'll believe any video you post about as much as i believe that you will ever enter the 12's with your contour. :rolleyes:

FYI, the car i would have brought has already run 12.80's. let me guess, your car is faster than that, right? ;)

You guys do everything mexico does, but less. :laugh: Plus they are cheaper, we give you guys work or your country would fall flat on its face.

Maybe you can't read? So what car manufacturer headquaters is based in canada?

Wait a min, last I heard the american economy is falling into a dead :censored::censored::censored::censored: hole.. at least our un-employement rate is set 6% of the population, whats yours again? 30%?

lets not be bashing on canada, espiecally since the us of a.. economy is in such poor state right now.

SRT 4 wins... :)

I run 12's.. and I don't leak oil or blow diffs!

gives me slicks and I'll run mid 12's... and btw. I'm already a stage 2, I will gladly race you for 1000 bucks post a video and put you to shame, I live near windsor, just across from detroit.. not to far..

2 words

Bring it

gives me slicks and I'll run mid 12's... and btw. I'm already a stage 2, I will gladly race you for 1000 bucks post a video and put you to shame, I live near windsor, just across from detroit.. not to far..

2 words

Bring it

the person you want to be directing this towards lives in las vegas.

Wait a min, last I heard the american economy is falling into a dead :censored::censored::censored::censored: hole.. at least our un-employement rate is set 6% of the population, whats yours again? 30%?

lets not be bashing on canada, espiecally since the us of a.. economy is in such poor state right now.

SRT 4 wins... :)

I run 12's.. and I don't leak oil or blow diffs!

Well, 30% is pretty close to 4.6% right?

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/us.html

Oh, yeah, that's right, it's not.

Just like a Turbo'd Duratec will explode in 4 miles, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_Automotive_Ltd#Noble_M400

All M12s have been powered by modified turbocharged Ford Duratec V6 engines. The M12 GTO used a 2.5-litre version of the engine, while the GTO-3 and GTO-3R were upgraded to the 3.0-litre Duratec. Power has progressed from 310 bhp (231 kW) to 352 bhp (262 kW).

The model designation M400 is derived from the fact that the power and weight specifications for the car correspond to 405 bhp (298 kW) per tonne. It has both a 3 point seatbelt and a 4 point harness. The most notable differences from the M12 are the use of bigger turbos that generate higher boost

Please, for the presevation of everyone's IQ, stop spewing nonsense like you know what you're talking about.

Well, 30% is pretty close to 4.6% right?

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/us.html

Oh, yeah, that's right, it's not.

Huh...maybe they didn't teach me many things here in the US, but I do think that 4.6% is LESS than 6% in any country. Quit all of the US bashing. Seriously, what is good things is Canada known for? Bacon...?

Oh and just for fun, the Contour was so awful, some people decided to give it awards!

The Contour was on Car and Driver magazine's Ten Best list for 1995, 1996 and 1997. The Contour was also named as an Automobile Magazine All Star for 1995, 1996 and 1997. For the SVT trim, Edmunds.com named the Contour SVT the most wanted sedan under $25,000 for the year of 1999.

Ah but don't worry about that, I thought it was weak too, oh well, let's attack the engine, because that sucks too....

....until you realize it was on Wards 10 best list for '95, '96, '98, and '99! How simply terrible, what a POS car!

stop thinking so highly of a car that failed in the north american market

With all due respect, thats pretty retarded. You can only think highly of cars that sell well?

Of course you are going to find CONTOUR enthusiasts on a CONTOUR site.
This thread really backs up the statement in another thread of how this car forum may just be the most self-hating forum around, notice how many people are quick to put the contour down.

Then again, its not like contour folks have a ton of room to talk trash about other cars, most of us drive contours afterall.

Point is, I'm not sure what the point of half the crap in this thread is about. We've hashed the srt4 vs contour thread a million times and each time its so retarded because either side can prove a valid point based on opinion. Are we deciding whats a better car now, or what was a better car when it was released? Which car can be faster dollar for dollar spent... is there a spending limit?

Really I'm just posting to get my post count up, but in 4 months when somebody mentions and srt4 again and every single post gets essentially restated in the new thread, maybe I'll poke my head in there too and add my .02 ...again along with 1/2 of ceg.

ahhh... i see it will be option three for you.... "punk out after running your mouth and not backing it up."

as for my subpar intelligence, take a long hard look at your post and the NEARLY incoherent quality of it.

i'll believe any video you post about as much as i believe that you will ever enter the 12's with your contour. :rolleyes:

FYI, the car i would have brought has already run 12.80's. let me guess, your car is faster than that, right? ;)

NEARLY???? u prove ur subpar intelligence once again. sumthn's either coherent or incoherent. :laugh:. once again; arent u supposed to be at an arcade or sumthn?

I cant believe the amount of people that just turn a blind eye.

The contour is NOT FAST in a straight line. Even with a turbo 3L it fails to get traction. Your arguing a point that is moot.

Point is, I'm not sure what the point of half the crap in this thread is about. We've hashed the srt4 vs contour thread a million times and each time its so retarded because either side can prove a valid point based on opinion. Are we deciding whats a better car now, or what was a better car when it was released? Which car can be faster dollar for dollar spent... is there a spending limit?

i know its like 24 pages long. :laugh: but lemmie break it down as I see it.

stock srt4 faster than stock svtc
stock srt4 NOT faster than csvt 3L turbo. (this line is my arguement) am yet to prove it though. someday i shall! :)

the spelling's by choice. if ur i.q wasnt around 50, u'd figure that out :laugh: am loving this. would be cool to see how far this could go b4 its locked up :)

so you choose to look like an idiot? seems to be working well then.

i don't think you want to compare IQ's, pumpkin. i was testing in the top 1% when you were still in diapers. :help:

so you choose to look like an idiot? seems to be working well then.

i don't think you want to compare IQ's, pumpkin. i was testing in the top 1% when you were still in diapers. :help:

wow. that explains a lot actually. an old fart driving an srt4 that was made for young kids. going throug midlife crisis? get a life old man.

I cant believe the amount of people that just turn a blind eye.

The contour is NOT FAST in a straight line. Even with a turbo 3L it fails to get traction. Your arguing a point that is moot.

I get it. Traction on the tour = the fail. Everyone knows this, and it is the only reason no one has gotten into the 12's yet. But once they do get traction the 3.0L turbos do fly rather well. No, it is not a drag car. Anyone on this site who knows anything about the car knows that. BUT, for a 10 year old car it is still fairly quick vs your "average" 4 door sedan. Handling is top notch, ride quality is top notch, looks are top notch, reliability if you take care of the car is top notch, prices right now are great. That is the SVT Contour. Take it or leave it.

wow. that explains a lot actually. an old fart driving an srt4 that was made for young kids, going throug midlife crisis. get a life old man.

what happened to all of your "urs" "u'ds" and "b4s"? i miss the eloquent way you back down from running your mouth.

Back