• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good bye....

Btw for the guys running there mouths about there really fast turbo 3L.. lol...

How many "highly modded" turbo 3L's are there running around running 12's.. that are reliable?

and btw, a properly done stage 3 srt with slicks will hit 11s.. with 125+ mph trap speeds...

and thats a daily driver, thats usually pretty reliable on proper tune, you take any motor that doesn't use boost.. and boost it, you have problems. unless you dump loads of money and re-do the motor, which imo.. bad investment.

am sorry bro but thats a terrible comparison. whats da price of a stage 3 srt?... my point exactly. for 8grand, u could buy a csvt, turbo it, and kill an srt stage 1. pound for pound or dollar for dollar, the svt's the better way to go. stop hating bro. boosted 3Ls are fast. take it or leave it. with all due respect, when u own one, we'll talk.

Last edited:
I'm amazed and how many Contour owners can sit around and bash a Neon.

Like a Contour is so special right? :rolleyes:

Lets see, how many reviews absolutly adored the Contour SE in 95 and the SVT when it came out. A lot. They loved the ride, the power, the handling, almost everything. How many reviews can be said about the SRT-4? Most I saw were basically....fast, cheap, and that is it.

am sorry bro but thats a terrible comparison. whats da price of a stage 3 srt?... my point exactly. for 8grand, u could buy a csvt, turbo it, and kill an srt stage 1. pound for pound or dollar for dollar, the svt's the better way to go. stop hating bro. boosted 3Ls are fast. take it or leave it. with all due respect, when u own one, we'll talk.

Dude, stop being stupid. For $8k you can buy the SRT-4 Stage 1 that would be probably as quick as spending $8k for the CSVT and other said mods.. If that's your logic, please sell your car and buy a Civic. Most of the Honda owners use your logic. "If I spend $10k on my Civic, I can be a little bit faster than an LS1 Camaro!!!111" Or you could just buy the Camaro and spend the rest of the $10k that you have left and be leaps and bounds faster than the Civic would be with the $10k in mods.

Lets see, how many reviews absolutly adored the Contour SE in 95 and the SVT when it came out. A lot. They loved the ride, the power, the handling, almost everything. How many reviews can be said about the SRT-4? Most I saw were basically....fast, cheap, and that is it.

LMAO you guys are all jokes

contour/mystique had a terrible name/reputation here.. they might of loved the 95, but the car was a headache with problems
and before you run your mouth some more

1st place - [4], Car and Driver magazine, November 2005. The SRT-4 competed against 14 other performance vehicles.
1st place - [5], Serial Thrillers comparison test, Car and Driver magazine, May 2004.
1st place - [6], Automobile magazine, March 2004.
1st place - [7], Sport Sedans Comparison, Edmunds, August 2003
1st place - [8], Sport Compact Car Shootout, January 2003.

Yeah so much for cheap and fast eh?

and for the guy saying buy a contour put 8 grand into it, "sorry bro" its faster 3L lol...

well news flash buddy, I bought my car and it was already a low 14 high 13 second car, I didn't need to go out and buy a 3L turbo etc and turbo it so it can blow up 6 months down the road

With all due respect look up the cost of a stage 3.. now compare that to your 3L swap/ PLUS turbo.

yes, much cheaper isn't it? hahaha

I'll race your turbo car with my stage 2+ goodies... which cost me less then 1500 bucks.

I'll race your turbo car with my stage 2+ goodies... which cost me less then 1500 bucks.

I took a stage 2 with turbo toys over and over at only 7.5psi. The reason you don't see boosted contours in the 12's is because there are only a very very small handful of us around and it is all about the tires. We are too poor to get nice slicks that will fit our car just for track use, and most of us don't even go to the track but once a year if that. If we don't go to the track how can we run good times?!?!? I'll admit I suck at driving at the track. :) There are a ton of SRT 4's and ALL of them are boosted so it only makes sense that guys have hit better times just because there are more people running powerful SRT 4's down the track everyday trying different stuff and what not. The odds are much better that SRT 4's will have had better times just because there are more of them than us. Thousands of SRT 4's as compared to what, 10 or 15 boosted contours? lol. Kinda a no brainer if you ask me. With my nice tires I could hold every gear at 7.5psi on a 3L so traction really isn't that much if any worse than a SRT 4.

Last edited:
LMAO you guys are all jokes

contour/mystique had a terrible name/reputation here.. they might of loved the 95, but the car was a headache with problems

WTF are you talking about with it being a headache with problems? My 95 is still on the road with over 200K miles with no problems, as are a great deal of other tour owner with over 200K miles.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/cc/20under20.htm
http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcont...reviews/roadtests/roadtest/44339/article.html
http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicles/new/reviews/1998/tdecosmo09019703.html

I am sure by saying that the Contour/Mystique having a terrible name/reputation there is the same as saying the neon/breeze has the same terrible name here.

And for the whole good luck getting a 3.0L turboed tour for cheaper than a stage 2 str-4.
SVT- $3000
3.0L- $400
Turbo kit from Joey - $3000
A grand total of $6400 for all the major components. Take a long weekend to intall it yourself and figure another $200 for misc parts/supplies and you are up to $6600. Show me a SRT-4 for that price and I will be the first in line with a check.

I honestly don't "hate" the car. I see one and think, "hmmm SRT-4, looks decent. Quick car. Gets traction."

Well the reason why i bought this car is because i work at a chrysler dealership, the car is way more reliable than the contour. There are WAY more parts and for cheaper prices. And i got a pretty good deal on it. Dont get me wrong i still like the contour and miss it. Im gona ask the guy who bought my car to attend SZ if he can and ill bring the SRT-4. Im sure you EGL guys will still see it around since he lives in novi.

Well the reason why i bought this car is because i work at a chrysler dealership, the car is way more reliable than the contour. There are WAY more parts and for cheaper prices. And i got a pretty good deal on it. Dont get me wrong i still like the contour and miss it. Im gona ask the guy who bought my car to attend SZ if he can and ill bring the SRT-4. Im sure you EGL guys will still see it around since he lives in novi.

Yeah but when you blow a v6 tour motor you just spend a couple hundred to get a new one and you are good to go. Can't get much cheaper than that. :laugh: And the reliability of a car is normally dependent on how the previous owners took care of it. Like I said, there are tons of tour owners out there on original engines, clutches, transmissions etc with over 200K miles them. So, I don't think that is an issue.

Right but from what ive owned, it wasnt that good. I tried to improve it and all but i didint want to spend a thousand or more jus to rebuild my trans and 500 for struts and springs when i can get a built car (SRT-4) for 8k. Those stock clutches are good for about 380 hp so you know the trans can hold a lot. And the stock suspension on this car is amazing! its so tight!

Yeah but when you blow a v6 tour motor you just spend a couple hundred to get a new one and you are good to go. Can't get much cheaper than that. :laugh: And the reliability of a car is normally dependent on how the previous owners took care of it. Like I said, there are tons of tour owners out there on original engines, clutches, transmissions etc with over 200K miles them. So, I don't think that is an issue.

I took a stage 2 with turbo toys over and over at only 7.5psi. The reason you don't see boosted contours in the 12's is because there are only a very very small handful of us around and it is all about the tires. We are too poor to get nice slicks that will fit our car just for track use, and most of us don't even go to the track but once a year if that. If we don't go to the track how can we run good times?!?!? I'll admit I suck at driving at the track. :) There are a ton of SRT 4's and ALL of them are boosted so it only makes sense that guys have hit better times just because there are more people running powerful SRT 4's down the track everyday trying different stuff and what not. The odds are much better that SRT 4's will have had better times just because there are more of them than us. Thousands of SRT 4's as compared to what, 10 or 15 boosted contours? lol. Kinda a no brainer if you ask me. With my nice tires I could hold every gear at 7.5psi on a 3L so traction really isn't that much if any worse than a SRT 4.

i don't think it's a matter of affording slicks, really. you can pick up a set of slicks pretty cheap. it's a matter of snapping half-shafts and poor suspension design (for straight-line acceleration).

this thread is def. jokes

all in all oblivously people are going to be bias.. go figure! haha, alot of guys on srtforums are watching this thread, def a good chuckle.

Once again I like to say

DURATECS with TURBOS is not how they came THUS meaning, there not reliable.. you would be lucky to pass 30,000 miles before that f/i'd motor blows up

Back