• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Subframe Connectors interest check

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are definitely a great product. I bought mine in the last group buy and they came fast and are made top quality. Unfortunately I never got around to installing them and ended up selling. :(

I still haven't installed mine either ..... did you know of any places that would do it? I emailed some and they never responded ...

I still haven't installed mine either ..... did you know of any places that would do it? I emailed some and they never responded ...

That's exactly why I sold mine. I couldn't find a local shop to install. And the improvement of the subframe connectors were being debated back and forth on here for a while. I eventually decided to sell them instead of collecting dust in the garage.

My suspension setup right now is extremely stiff so I see no need at all for these anymore.

It's a great mod for those with near stock or a softer suspension setup. It will stiffen things up but without compromising ride quality.

That's exactly why I sold mine. I couldn't find a local shop to install. And the improvement of the subframe connectors were being debated back and forth on here for a while. I eventually decided to sell them instead of collecting dust in the garage.

My suspension setup right now is extremely stiff so I see no need at all for these anymore.

It's a great mod for those with near stock or a softer suspension setup. It will stiffen things up but without compromising ride quality.

what about after you install those cute bat springs? Bat/Koni will likely be my setup and I think I know of a friend who can install but I just can't decide if it's overkill...

what about after you install those cute bat springs? Bat/Koni will likely be my setup and I think I know of a friend who can install but I just can't decide if it's overkill...

well get your friend to install mine and I can let you know, they have a drive on lift to use right?

I'm interested depending on installed cost.
svt4stv, are you guys able to fit them?
Anyone thats got them on, how much is it to have these fitted?

1. 69Boss302
2. 95pgt-t
3. tropictour
4. Schattastic Svt
5. SVTC1136

Call around to some local shops. Mine cost $40 to install.
I know many Mustang guys have these so it may be worth a call to a shop that works on Mustangs also.
Just make sure that whoever is going to install them has a drive on lift, you want all four wheels level when these get installed.

I'm interested depending on installed cost.
svt4stv, are you guys able to fit them?
Anyone thats got them on, how much is it to have these fitted?

we have a local shop that i took mine and some local cegers to that did it for $75 iirc. John has a drive on lift in his drive way now can do it. he'll probably charge like $60 to do it. you'd save on shipping though.

here is the link to old GB in the old forum. pictures are buried somewhere in there
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...mber=1119717&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

i spoke with John last night and he's interested in doing another GB but he recently had laser eye surgery and the doc told him yesterday he should hold off on welding for a few months because he welded up the last leftover sets last weekend and one of his eyes was really hurting from the flash. he's still going to try to finish those up this weekend for those of you waiting for those sets.

a few months would be good to wait anyway as the weather will be much nicer to get this done. it will also give people time to get their funds together. john is also putting his new built motor into his gen I sho and needs to get that out of the way first. along with a local csvt that's been waiting to have its built motor and s/c installed.

1. 69Boss302
2. 95pgt-t
3. tropictour
4. Schattastic Svt
5. Brent372
6.devanmc - interesting depending timing(current car project has all funds)

dude, its right there on page 3 guys

1. 69Boss302
2. 95pgt-t
3. tropictour
4. Schattastic Svt
5. SVTC1136
6. BloodyTomFlint
7. n2n2o
8. mrrockwood
9. hotdimmes
Brent372
11. devanmc - interesting depending timing(current car project has all funds)

let's see if we can get to 20! :D

if anything i can take small deposits and just get the steel ordered and chopped up. then we'd just be waiting on John to be able to weld them up. for a slightly reduced price i could just send you the parts if you felt like welding them up yourself, and not having to wait for john to do it. just an idea :shrug:

for a slightly reduced price i could just send you the parts if you felt like welding them up yourself, and not having to wait for john to do it. just an idea :shrug:

And how much would this option be? I assume they will be cut and everything just requiring butting together and welding, then installing on the car?

I've spent so much recently but I may be interested, in either option that is. I may have someone who could weld them together for me maybe but I would have to talk to them to make sure.

i might be interested in getting them welded myself...i'd just like to get it down before the car is on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back