• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Subframe Connectors interest check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve, what would be the extra cost of fully boxing the connectors?

john said he can do it for an extra $20, but he'd have to know how many want it done when we order the materials. that would just be at the ends of the long bars, not the risers. no need there as the riser is only about 5" long. dev, would you get this for your car? no need in CA. just a waste..

Thanks for the info.

I went to my local Midas. But they don't have a drive on lift, so I cannot have them do it.

BTW, how much did they charge for the job, if you remember?

Thanks!

stay away from midas. they charge a fortune for anything. i had mine done for about $70 iirc. not the BEST welding job but it works just the same.

btw, john said yesterday that by the time we were to get started on all of this, his eyes would be back to normal. and yes, $20 off for unwelded sets.

Sign me up for a set of these...thanx

n00bs :laugh:

1. 69Boss302
2. 95pgt-t
3. tropictour
4. Schattastic Svt
5. SVTC1136
6. BloodyTomFlint
7. n2n2o
8. mrrockwood
9. hotdimmes
10.[/i] Brent372
11. devanmc - interesting depending timing(current car project has all funds)
12. DEVIOUSDEV
13. unlegalimgrant@gmail.com (Redmofo NECO)
14. CSVT#49
15. Linkman - depending on timing, not too soon.
16. shaggy
17. Fordman302
18. Beans - Depending on time
19. Turbo_Fox
20. Newcat016;365009

alright! we hit 20. 30 would be tits. ill give it ONE more week to see if any stragglers hop on board. did someone post something on NECO and FCO?

and i posted above, john just told me yesterday that he'd be good to go on welding in a week or so. all we'd need is your deposit to get you in. if you'd need 2 months to get the rest together, we can handle that. id rather people get the bars, then have to pass because they dont have all the funds available RIGHT now. ill try to keep the deposit as minimal as possible. just enough to get the materials ordered. im sure some people will pay in full immediately which would help with that anyways. in the first GB we took just $20 deposits. ill try to keep it at that again.

patience young grasshoppa.....we must wait until the moon has set past the

ah hell, just not yet. soon though, soon the day will come when...

1. 69Boss302
2. 95pgt-t
3. tropictour
4. Schattastic Svt
5. SVTC1136
6. BloodyTomFlint
7. n2n2o
8. mrrockwood
9. hotdimmes
10.[/i] Brent372
12. DEVIOUSDEV
14. CSVT#49
16. shaggy
17. Fordman302
19. Turbo_Fox
20. Newcat016;365009
21. Mark T - depending on postage costs to UK

john said he can do it for an extra $20, but he'd have to know how many want it done when we order the materials. that would just be at the ends of the long bars, not the risers. no need there as the riser is only about 5" long. dev, would you get this for your car? no need in CA. just a waste..

I am doing quite a bit to this car that could potentially be considered a waste :shrug:. But since I intend to have it for a long long time, I'm aiming for most durability in the longterm instead of saving a few bucks now (so having it fully sealed seems to be what I'd want to do). I've had most of my suspension and subframes already seam welded, boxed, and repowdercoated, so I probably won't skip this either.

That being said, if there wasn't a lot of interest from others to get it done (and it wasn't going to be worth it for you to get the extra materials... I could get it done on my own. No big deal.

1. 69Boss302
2. 95pgt-t
3. tropictour
4. Schattastic Svt
5. SVTC1136
6. BloodyTomFlint
7. n2n2o
8. mrrockwood
9. hotdimmes
10.[/i] Brent372
12. DEVIOUSDEV
14. CSVT#49
16. shaggy
17. Fordman302
19. Turbo_Fox
20. Newcat016;365009
22. tay76 (neco also)

Please PM me when payment is due..... Or I will forget all about it.....

1. 69Boss302
2. 95pgt-t
3. tropictour
4. Schattastic Svt
5. SVTC1136
6. BloodyTomFlint
7. n2n2o
8. mrrockwood
9. hotdimmes
10.[/i] Brent372
12. DEVIOUSDEV
14. CSVT#49
16. shaggy
17. Fordman302
19. Turbo_Fox
20. Newcat016;365009
22. tay76 (neco also)
23. Needmorespeed - also depending on postage cost to UK

1. 69Boss302
2. 95pgt-t
3. tropictour
4. Schattastic Svt
5. SVTC1136
6. BloodyTomFlint
7. n2n2o
8. mrrockwood (Interested in non welded)
9. hotdimmes
10.[/i] Brent372
12. DEVIOUSDEV
14. CSVT#49
16. shaggy
17. Fordman302
19. Turbo_Fox
20. Newcat016;365009
22. tay76 (neco also)
23. Needmorespeed - also depending on postage cost to UK

Just a heads up on mine... to show where the interest is

ok guys, we're probably going to order enough materials for 25 or 30. anyone buying AFTER the GB may pay a higher price.

ok, payment info:

please send paypal payments to nicklamet86@aol.com
that is John's paypal address. im too busy to keep track of all this myself right now. so there may be a day or two delay from when he receives it to when i post that it has been received. SFCs will be shipped on a first come first served basis meaning we will ship in order of payments received.

please add $5 to all paypal payments. you have the option of paying by personal check or money order as well. you can mail payments to:
Steve Medina
PO Box 3392
Winnetka, CA 91396

do NOT put True Forged on any checks or money orders as these are not being sold through my business.

if you only want to put a deposit down right now, that is fine. we will only need $20 and can wait up to 8 weeks for the remaining balance.
IF you want the bars unwelded (but ready to BE welded), please note so and deduct $20 from the total. total is $150 shipped (add $5 for paypal). john is good to go on welding them up so you must decide if its worth saving the $20 (unless you can do it yourself).

when paying, PLEASE include ALL of the following:
1. your first and last name
2. your CEG name
3. your phone number
4. your email address
5. the shipping address
6. whether this is being shipped to a business or residential address.
*7. if you want end caps welded on, please note this and add $20 to the cost.

failure to include these may result in delay of shipping.

i will ship these via fedex ground. shipping to Canada will likely be the same cost, but i need to check. i will also check on shipping to the UK.

if anyone has a copy of the install guide i emailed out for these, please send me a copy. the copy i had is being held hostage on my old laptop which is dead.

if you have any questions, EMAIL me at svt4stv@gmail.com
do NOT PM me, please.

we will order the materials on monday and ill begin cutting it up this week. welding will begin next weekend so the first sets should ship out the following week. even if you just make a deposit right now, we will still make ALL the sets and leave them waiting to be shipped.

i will start a list with who has paid what, in order of receipt. no need for you to post that you have paid unless it has been a few days and you have not seen your name added to the list.

**we have three completed sets from the old GB that were already spoken for. HolyRollers and LUCA have already paid for them and they will be shipped out on monday. i cannot recall who the 3rd person was and dont have a copy of the PM. if youre reading this, please contact me asap and send payment so they can ship out. they are done **

steve

possibly. i mentioned it to john and he said he'll check. he said the cost would probably be double though.

Yes stainless steel is more expensive... don't think it's double the price... but then we wouldn't have to worry about the tube rusting. Only the weld, which can be painted easy enough unlike the insides of the tube.

Keep me posted at least as I would rather have stainless steel since I live in the frozen tundra where salt is plentiful on the roads from Oct-April.

Last edited:
Yes stainless steel is more expensive... don't think it's double the price... but then we wouldn't have to worry about the tube rusting. Only the weld, which can be painted easy enough unlike the insides of the tube.

Keep me posted at least as I would rather have stainless steel since I live in the frozen tundra where salt is plentiful on the roads from Oct-April.

x2 on that one

Yes stainless steel is more expensive... don't think it's double the price...

lol, try about 12x the price, IF the steel place can even get it in the size we need. you'd be looking at about $500 for a set shipped. AND, we'd need at least a few people to order them.

per john, once coated, these steel bars should outlast the bottom of the car because the steel is actually a bit thicker. all you need to do is check on it every now and then in case you need to re-coat it.

so far only ONE person has sent money in. we cant even order the materials yet.

should i post a new thread or something? have people stopped checking this one? :confused:

since it is now an official group buy i would say yes, you should make an official group buy thread. :shrug: but i check often, ill send the 20 bucks right now.

added: deposit sent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back