• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Why SZ in MI is a bad idea

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
Here is one good reason.... (This is a real sign in MI) No hard feelings MI folk! :laugh:
Try to get 20 Ford Contours and their drivers to do this:
Miscpics054.jpg

Show me what you experienced last year that you would rather not see again....

Last edited:
Here is one good reason.... (This is a real sign in MI) No hard feelings MI folk! :laugh:

Show me what you experienced last year that you would rather not see again....

It's called a MI turn. Makes things safer like when cheeseheads invade your state.

I'd rather not experience Elky's balls again.:blackeye:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I was flipping through old photos and I specifically remember taking this picture to show how much fun I had driving in MI for SZ '07. I had a great time regardless, can't wait for this years.....

Getting stuck on the bridge into Michigan for an hour and a half. :mad: I wanted to see the track event but nooo.

^^^ depends on where you drive. some are good others are bad :shrug:

Getting stuck on the bridge into Michigan for an hour and a half. :mad: I wanted to see the track event but nooo.
Agreed, and that's why I won't bother with Canada again. The worst was the uphill on the bridge since my Maxima had a fun on-off style clutch.

I could do without the blinking red light .. but at least now I know what it means.

Your deteriorating concrete highways suck too.

Damn Michigan Lefts. Grand Rapids has them EVERYWHERE. Kind of like saying "you michiganders are too stupid to know how to turn left." :blackeye: Of course, everybody in MI runs red lights constantly, so that's probably the reason behind them. Another thing that I've noticed is that where there are actual left turn lights, they're backwards. Where I'm from, left goes first, not last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todras

I'd rather not experience Elky's balls again.

you loved it and you know it!!!
[/QUOTE]

Love the friendship here..... "hang out with yo wang out!" or balls, whichever comes first.

haha yeah really, I was lost while trying to find bagged's house wondering why I couldn't just turn left but instead had to go through the lights then hit a u-turn type thing to turn around

They do have "Turn Right to Go Left" on most Route 9 intersections in MA (those east of I-495). Not quite as odd as a Michigan left and it only applies to traffic traveling east/west. But it is annoying to try and figure out which lane you need to be in, since some intersections are normal (turn left to go left) and traffic in the area is ridiculous.

Back