• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MTX 75 driver side half shaft problem

jamesmason1

CEG'er
is it prone to develop leaks where the half shaft inserts into the transaxle and does anybody know how to replace the seals, searched around but my browser is not working right with the archives. thanks in advance and have a good one.

I dont think its common to develop a leak there but its replaceable, you need to look at it and you'll see where you need to pry w/ a flathead being sure NOT to score the surface of anything but the seal. then you just evenly hammer new ones in.

I couldn't find part numbers for it and I get blocked whenever I try to look through the archives. So, is it just a sealed bearing set or something else and whatever it is, is there a p/n for it. Thank you in advance for your help and have a great day.

They are called "Axle Seals" and they are just a basic seal not a bearing.

Any ford dealer should be able to look them up or even an Auto parts store.

They are pretty inexpensive, and not hard to replace. Ford dealerships are your friends - don't be afraid to call them.

I am affraid to call the dealership that's by me after the last incident with the fusion. anyways I normally look it up in fords trademotion catalog and the don't break it down that far. but when I get back to the states I'll have to get over my fears of sending wrong parts and try one more time. once again thanks for yor help and have a good one.

Back