• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Police Sirens Rumbler

I thought this was crazy for cops to have another upgrade.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/785380

No kidding. Did you see the other new invention, where they mount that 200lb box on top of their car? The one that they can point at you and scramble your engine computer, shutting your car off? They're going into production soon.

Fascism, anyone? Police state? Next week I hear they're just going to start deploying tanks and Apache helicopters to issue speeding tickets.:nonono:

No kidding. Did you see the other new invention, where they mount that 200lb box on top of their car? The one that they can point at you and scramble your engine computer, shutting your car off? They're going into production soon.

Fascism, anyone? Police state? Next week I hear they're just going to start deploying tanks and Apache helicopters to issue speeding tickets.:nonono:

Not that much different than throwing spikes down to blow your tires out (do they still do that or do I watch too many movies?) Maybe even less invasive. I doubt they'll use it unless they feel like you're going to run or do something ridiculous, in which case good for them.

Don't know how the this got onto the topic of using apaches and tanks :laugh:

Doesn't sound bad to me, especially for ambulances and such. Too many people can't see or here them :shrug:

Can someone point to a link that's not a video, or describe this invention? After sitting through that minute-long ad, my computer refused to load the actual content.

Can someone point to a link that's not a video, or describe this invention? After sitting through that minute-long ad, my computer refused to load the actual content.
It's just a deeper siren with a frequency that you can actually feel in your seat.

Since some people drive for miles without seeing the cop behind them trying to pull them over :crazy:

It's just a deeper siren with a frequency that you can actually feel in your seat.
Ugh ... that is such a bad idea. I used to live on a very busy street in a semi-high-crime area near a hospital (Highland St in Worcester MA) and had ambulances and cruisers blasting by with sirens blaring all the time (at least one ambulance every 15 minutes). If they tried doing something that shook houses I can guarantee a bunch of people will be extremely angry.

it doesn't shake you house. They just added an amp and subwoofer to the siren. It would be the same as a car with a system driving behind you.

Well it's emitting a frequency that causes things to vibrate. Depends upon what frequencies they are using. Might get the house to shake a bit. I know when I was a fireman/EMT I used to restrict my siren usage at night and residential areas to the best of my ability. With a product like this they will probably need to be even more careful.

Federal Signals product link:
http://www.fedsig.com/products/index.php?id=253

Youtube demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rHLp45xo-8

In the youtube demo it seems that they have the ability to add it to the use of the standard siren. Also consider that if you are vibrating, to some degree the officer is vibrating. It might be come annoying to the officer.

Last edited:
I would suspect that it is a focused low frequency (bass) signal that is emitted out of the front of the vehicle from behind the grill.

Back