• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So did you own a SHO before your SVT?

I'll bite. I've owned two SHOs. I bought a Contour SVT because I wanted a Ford with balls, versatility, comfort, strong handling, and good looks. I enjoy mine tremendously.

Thanks for putting up with my crap.

I think i speak for everyone when I say thank god thats over :)

And to follow up on this thread I actually like the SHO I almost bought a 94 before I bought the Contour... boy am I glad I didn't make that mistake those things are SUPER hard to find parts for from what I hear ;)

Man, the 89 SHOs are the best SHO in my opinion. My friend has one and I must say it is a FINE example of what Ford can and could do. The power, options, comfort, and handling. It greatly prompted me to buy the SVT when the time came because I was getting something close, but so totally different.

(as much as I lurk and read these posts, I don't have a high number to show either)

I think i speak for everyone when I say thank god thats over :)

And to follow up on this thread I actually like the SHO I almost bought a 94 before I bought the Contour... boy am I glad I didn't make that mistake those things are SUPER hard to find parts for from what I hear ;)

Its not so bad -- you just have to be prepared to occasionally go aftermarket on some things. I've got a very lightly used Ford torque converter for an ATX (my only automatic anything, ever), a water pump, an EGR solenoid, and a front rotor that I might sell back into the SHO community at some point. I loved both my SHOs -- the green MTX and the opal ATX. Lots of fun.

I had a 94 SHO before my SVT and it does not compare to the SVT in the handling category. I believe the SHO would dust the SVT in a straight line, but if that was a big deal, i would still have my 5.0

Yeah, I made 2 mistakes in my life. One, was buying a 1993 ATX SHO in high school. The other, was buying a 1993 MTX SHO a couple years ago as a daily driver(beater). I can say that I won't make that mistake again! :)

Mark

My '93 MTX served me well. Just don't ask me about adding up the maint. receipts. At least I didn't have a car payment and I beat a lot of cars that I couldn't with the SVT.

I owned a 97 Taurus with a Vulcan engine. Does that count? ;)

Adam
Illogical!

320x240.jpg

:laugh:
Karl

Back