• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rattle can never looked so good.

you said next up was the hood. I REALLY hope you're not painting it black... Wait. Is it a fresh, unpainted replacement??? If so, my bad...

you said next up was the hood. I REALLY hope you're not painting it black... Wait. Is it a fresh, unpainted replacement??? If so, my bad...

Still have no idea wtf you are talking about.

I said "next up is a hood"

which means im going to have scott attempt to paint a hood for me, just like he painted my reflector body color.

Where the :censored::censored::censored::censored: did you get black from?

shoulda kept license plate bracket black and tinted your reverse lights :cool:

yup, because one giant sore thumb of Black in an entirely red trunk lid would look good.

have you ever heard the phrase "sticks out like a sore thumb"

leaving the liscense plate area black would look good on a svt since the lower grill area is black. otherwise,i think he made the right descision

Just an FYI, Dark Toreador Red and Toreador Red are not the same color. I had to check that out back when I had my T-Red since almost every place in town carries the dark t-red but there is usually only 1 can of regular t-red in the whole town. Maybe during lunch I will take some pics of my last rattle can project...

Just an FYI, Dark Toreador Red and Toreador Red are not the same color. I had to check that out back when I had my T-Red since almost every place in town carries the dark t-red but there is usually only 1 can of regular t-red in the whole town. Maybe during lunch I will take some pics of my last rattle can project...

well duh.

Considering the fact that my car is Cabernet red, Duplicolor just calls it dark toreador red instead of cabernet red because the name of the color changed.

well duh.

Considering the fact that my car is Cabernet red, Duplicolor just calls it dark toreador red instead of cabernet red because the name of the color changed.

Nothing was directed at you. I only posted that up in order to clear up any confusion that might stem from others reading this thread since the hard information in it is pretty scattered. If I was trying to clear up anything from you or another member I would have used the handy quote function.

Picked up a can of dupli-color t-red paint yesterday. :laugh:

doing your rear reflector?

Do the WHOLE thing man, and follow the steps I listed.

according to scott, when you wetsand the paint (after the 3rd coat) you do it VERY lightly (2000 gritt), clean it off, then start with the clearcoat, and after every clearcoat layer you wetsand very lightly, after about 5 layers of clearcoat there will be some orange peel, which you need to wheel out. Its time consuming, but as you can see from my pic, entirely worth it.

doing your rear reflector?

Do the WHOLE thing man, and follow the steps I listed.

according to scott, when you wetsand the paint (after the 3rd coat) you do it VERY lightly (2000 gritt), clean it off, then start with the clearcoat, and after every clearcoat layer you wetsand very lightly, after about 5 layers of clearcoat there will be some orange peel, which you need to wheel out. Its time consuming, but as you can see from my pic, entirely worth it.
that must take all day waiting for the clear to hardern enough to wetsand.

yeah,didnt think it sounded right doing it all at once. i've painted car's before and i've always waited awhile to wetsand it:shrug:

Still have no idea wtf you are talking about.

I said "next up is a hood"

which means im going to have scott attempt to paint a hood for me, just like he painted my reflector body color.

Where the :censored::censored::censored::censored: did you get black from?

whoa there partner!! I thoght you were going to paint the stock hood balck (I though you said next up is the hood). Nvm. Which hood did you get?

still trying to decide, if I go CF its just going to be clearcoated.

if I go stock obviously painted body color, hood has a couple of dings so I need to replace it.

IMO, you body is too stock for the CF for now. I love your car the way it is. But that's just my opinion. I know this has been answered (I'm sure...), but do you stil have your pre-98?

Back