• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rattle can never looked so good.

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
01-14-08_1041.jpg

What bagged can do with a can of duplicolor is epic. :drool: :drool: :drool:

What misplaced stickers on your plate? :laugh: Please send color and brand. Me need to do.

I had that dope ass spec license plate cover on there, and didnt want to take it off to update my tabs, the new plan now is to cover my whole license plate with year tabs :D

Looks good, I did everything on my car with a rattle can, then again black is alot easier to match than some other colors.

I have found that places like autozone and murrays and advance auto.. basically the Duplicolor brand in general sucks at matching paint names.

the paint that was used to do my reflector was called "Dark Toreador red"

which didnt sound right, but the color looked right, so I said "to hell with it" and tried it, silver frost was in the paint guide also so you should be able to get silver frost duplicolor at any auto parts store.

you are aware that you can catch crap for that, right?

legalities aside, looks pretty good. and that goober bagged has my can of silfro.

im sure I will, but meh if they do I will just tell them I had no idea.

Last edited:
I have found that places like autozone and murrays and advance auto.. basically the Duplicolor brand in general sucks at matching paint names.

which didnt sound right, but the color looked right, so I said "to hell with it" and tried it, silver frost was in the paint guide also so you should be able to get silver frost duplicolor at any auto parts store.

Clear coat?

that is the name of the paint they use on crown victorias. It might be the same paint, but they changed the name down the road. like the 95-96 ford trucks my dad's is a 95 electric red, but for 96 it's the same color, but they call it something like lightning red. just something they do to sell better, there's a much different marketing group between contour's and crown vics. (unless they are trying to sell cars to me of course)

i've never been able to find silverfrost in duplicolor spray paint,just touch up bottles.:confused: wondering if they just dont stock it locally but can order it for me.

Back