• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carlisle- ALL FORD NATIONALS

Nothing will change if we call her. :(
She really isn't worth it to me. Of course, had I seen her when I was at the fairgrounds I would have told her what I thought, thanks for screwing with our group. Next reunion she wants to plan I will make sure that our group isn't included unless individual members WANT to be, no forcing us. Carlisle will be aware that we won't be included so our group can be together.

Right Ryan, we should have had the choice. That's what I told the Carlisle guy, look at the numbers, the majority didn't want to park with that reunion.

It won't happen again. If I find out that they are doing another reunion I'll make sure that we don't HAVE to be included.

Last edited:
No mistake, the head of SVToA wanted ALL the SVT's parked together. So, it's her fault that we aren't going to be together as a group. :mad::mad::mad:

So this means BrApple's SE will be on the hill where we parked last year? Weak... :nonono:

Doug, I saw that SVT. Had lots of touched up stone chips on the hood too. For some reason that SVT is familiar to me, not sure if the owner was ever on the CEG but I've seen it before. I'm sure someone could get a deal on that come Sunday. ;)

Edit: Well, it has a green painted grill ring and a green painted rear reflectors.

Sounds eerily similar the one LUCA and I looked at in Conshohocken at a private dealership about a year ago. May or may not be the same one, but even the mileage sounds about right.

Last edited:
I say we all park at the tent anyway. as for jusdging I am pretty sure its mainly our group that will determine who places and in what place, so who cares about everyone else in terms of voting for cars ...

So this means BrApple's SE will be on the hill where we parked last year? Weak... :nonono:
Yep. Lame.

Sounds eerily similar the one LUCA and I looked at in Conshohocken at a private dealership about a year ago. May or may not be the same one, but even the mileage sounds about right.

That's why it was familiar to me.
We'll have to find the owner, get some history and see if it's the same one.

Whatever you guys want to do, park where you want. I personally don't want to hear the woman complain after the ciaos she's cause by splitting us up.

Off to meet Todd and Shawn for a beverage.

how's double the boost? what's your WOT air/fuel?

um, I scared myself really good after I realized how fast i really was going, :blackeye: and :nonono: to me, it was stupid that I did it. As for the A/F I really didn't notice. the apexi turbo timer has always gone to 10:1 based on the factory o2 sensor and the wideband has been reading to 12:1 under boost. I need to check all again and data log for Joey to review, just haven't done it.

also it turned out to be 8 psi and it wouldn't keep traction ...

Last edited:
um, I scared myself really good after I realized how fast i really was going, :blackeye: and :nonono: to me, it was stupid that I did it. As for the A/F I really didn't notice. the apexi turbo timer has always gone to 10:1 based on the factory o2 sensor and the wideband has been reading to 12:1 under boost. I need to check all again and data log for Joey to review, just haven't done it.

I need to data log for Joey as well...highest I could get was 11.6 at WOT...Joey said once we hit about 12.4, it'll be good to go. Car feels pretty strong, just can't find enough room to really stretch it's legs :)

I'm running 6-7 psi...

well that sucks. i was going to park with all of CEG too.

oh well. if anyone needs a ride into the gate so they don't have to pay, let me know. i'm guestless.

I need to data log for Joey as well...highest I could get was 11.6 at WOT...Joey said once we hit about 12.4, it'll be good to go. Car feels pretty strong, just can't find enough room to really stretch it's legs :)

leave for the Nats early and make an alternate route....

um, I scared myself really good after I realized how fast i really was going, :blackeye: and :nonono: to me, it was stupid that I did it. .

Sounds like me trying to find where my shift light turns on after buying my bike. Previous owner changed it from 12,500 to some higher number. After a quick jaunt on a local closed track I found he put it at 15,300 rpm. That high of rpm in any gear other then first is speeding on any road in PA. That high of rpm in first gear means the front end is probably up.

Paul, how are those new tunes? Working better? I still want a ride ;0

Sounds like me trying to find where my shift light turns on after buying my bike. Previous owner changed it from 12,500 to some higher number. After a quick jaunt on a local closed track I found he put it at 15,300 rpm. That high of rpm in any gear other then first is speeding on any road in PA. That high of rpm in first gear means the front end is probably up.

Paul, how are those new tunes? Working better? I still want a ride ;0

Funny thing, after talking to Joey the other day, he said we should wait until I have a chance to data log the MAF readings at specific rpms under load before installing any of them...based upon the original tune he sent me and what the two new ones were to change, I would be running even more rich than what I am now...so, I probably won't even be using them now :shrug:

thanks, again for all your help and I definitely owe you a ride :)

So when are people getting there tomorrow? I imagine Christine will be there early.

I wont be there too early as I have to finish cleaning the car in the morning. That darn graduation really screwed up my cleaning schedule haha. I guess in the long run its worth it though.

Its 3am do you know where my Contour is? :shrug:

STILL not done, but it will have to do...See everyone today!

Fyi you misheard. The Tent is with the SVT contour area, there isn't a tent where the non-svt's are. Or thats how it was two hours ago when I was at the show field. The non-svt's are parking on the hill in the purple area and the svt contours are in the green area down the hill behind the fusions where we were a few years back.

Alright, the only thing I misheard was where the tent will be.

Hey guys,
i have a request, (i mentioned this before but i forget where)
this year there will be a famous pinstriper there by the name of Steve Kafka, i would be forever greatful if someone could swing by his tent and grab me some business cards and any other freebies he might have.and maybe snap some pics of any work he has laying around.
and to be more of a pain, if he is selling supplies and someone with my phone number is there, give me a call if he is running any "show specials"

thanks in advance!

Back