• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carlisle- ALL FORD NATIONALS

Shaking, yes. At highway speeds... That's been happening for a while... The wheel kindof shakes a bit. I assumed it was the wheels needing re-balanced.

Jack up one side and do the 3-9 tie rod test. Those are an easy fix, could be part of the problem. IIRC, I got mine at autozone, do them every year (lifetime guarantee).:laugh:

Jack up one side and do the 3-9 tie rod test. Those are an easy fix, could be part of the problem. IIRC, I got mine at autozone, do them every year (lifetime guarantee).:laugh:

I don't know what I'm feeling for... Should it not move at all no matter how much force? It will move at 3-9 but it doesn't feel like anything close to the wheel, it feels and looks like its actually turning the steering rack.

STOP TEARING THE CAR APART~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

you for 2 days til the big deal....!!!!

tear that ish apart on MONDAY

:laugh:

I don't know what I'm feeling for... Should it not move at all no matter how much force? It will move at 3-9 but it doesn't feel like anything close to the wheel, it feels and looks like its actually turning the steering rack.

i would say everything is fine then, there is alittle play when with the steering wheel lock. your looking for anything excessive.

i would say everything is fine then, there is alittle play when with the steering wheel lock. your looking for anything excessive.

Thanks, I'll have to look into it after carlisle.

And don't worry, the car will go all back together tonight. It's sitting on blocks in my garage right now though

Just thought I'd let you all know, I spoke to Christine (LUCA) and there was a big mistake done on the part of the SVToA head honcho. Apparently if you own an SVT, you're parking in the SVT field...nowhere near the CEG tent. If you don't park down there, your car won't be eligible for judging.

I think she may have also said something about the Mystiques being separated from the tent as well.

:nonono: You better be freaking making :censored::censored::censored::censored: up Glenn!

Why the hell would you put the mercurys on there own? There might be one or two coming...Seriously Mercurys guys complain out the ass about that and come park with us! Or rebadge your car and remove the grill ASAP!

Just thought I'd let you all know, I spoke to Christine (LUCA) and there was a big mistake done on the part of the SVToA head honcho. Apparently if you own an SVT, you're parking in the SVT field...nowhere near the CEG tent. If you don't park down there, your car won't be eligible for judging.

I think she may have also said something about the Mystiques being separated from the tent as well.

I guess that's a gaffe, alright. Good thing I didn't go to the trouble of painting my calipers in some quest for a prize, so I can park either place. :cool:

Seems to me, though, that this could rather screw up the comraderie and good cheer that comes with having all of us Contour nutjobs in one place.

Well, it was a last minute decision that also seemed to be random. :laugh:

The biggest shock was my girlfriend actually wanting to go. :crazy::crazy:

Fyi you misheard. The Tent is with the SVT contour area, there isn't a tent where the non-svt's are. Or thats how it was two hours ago when I was at the show field. The non-svt's are parking on the hill in the purple area and the svt contours are in the green area down the hill behind the fusions where we were a few years back.

Hey guys looks like again I want to come and hang out but I will be at Pocono raceway instead I have NASCAR tickets for the wifes B-day...... but I will have my eyes open for svt's have fun!

For anyone interested,
There was a green SVT for sale sitting in the sale area. 2000 SVT with what seemed to be @ 100k miles on it. E1's in good shape, missing both front jackpoint covers. Was dirty, needed new headlights. Was asking 4,995. My guess is they will take much less then that come sunday.

No mistake, the head of SVToA wanted ALL the SVT's parked together. So, it's her fault that we aren't going to be together as a group. :mad::mad::mad:

I had a nice discussion with the Carlisle event manager and asked who the hell was she to dictate where we park? He agreed that it wasn't her place but he didn't know that they would be separating our club. I told him that there was an OPTION to either park with the reunion group OR to register for the show field and that we didn't WANT to be part of the reunion.

If they looked at the registrations they would have seen that two or three SVT people registered for the reunion and the rest for the show field. That should have been the first clue that we didn't want to participate with the reunion. :troutslap: They keep track of the clubs that are eligible for tents so you'd think they'd figure out that Contour Enthusiasts Group is a group that should park together. :shrug:

So, ALL of the SVT's are in the green section, near the grandstands. Row CB22/23 (I don't recall which isle it was) but it's right behind the Fusions. Go straight through the gates and straight at the stop sign, follow the road and you will see a big white tent on the left, turn left right after the tent and you'll see our yellow tent.

The Mystiques/Contours are parked in the purple section. IIRC, it was a row or two up from the Pintos but down at the end of the row. They're in the same general area as they were last year. Straight through the gate, turn left at the stop sign, turn right to go up the hill. You aren't all the way at the top, about mid-way, on the left side. Look for the Pintos, you're in that area towards the end of a row. Look for P129.

The tent is down by the SVT Contours. Let's just say I was ripping pissed, the event manager understood and told me that all the Contour/Mystiques should park with the SVT's on Friday and Sunday so they could use the tent. If you don't want to be judged, the non SVT people are more than welcome to stay with the SVT's.

BS, that means that the Contour/Mystique people have to leave their cars unattended on Sat. so that they can use the tent. By the way, it's going to be 97 on Sat, everyone will want to be in the tent. I expressed my displeasure since everyone paid good money to have that tent and they are getting screwed because of that SVTOA idiot.

In order to placate me (; ) ), we are getting a larger tent comp'd to us next year.

If you're so inclined to complain, do so. Maybe next time that woman decides everyone WILL be together they will think twice about obliging her.

Everyone drive safe and we'll see ya soon!

Doug, I saw that SVT. Had lots of touched up stone chips on the hood too. For some reason that SVT is familiar to me, not sure if the owner was ever on the CEG but I've seen it before. I'm sure someone could get a deal on that come Sunday. ;)

Last edited:
Christine,
I'll see about getting you her phone number. I have it somewhere =)

Edit: Well, it has a green painted grill ring and a green painted rear reflectors.

I had intended on parking with the SVT thing and leaving my car there and hanging out at the CEG tent... but that isn't right forcing the club to split up. At least the way it was, I chose to park in the other area.

Back