• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carlisle- ALL FORD NATIONALS

Ready? no, hardly. I dont think i will be there too early on Friday as I dont think im going to have much time to clean the car and all between now and then with graduation and all.

No worries, Scott. I'll call you tonight. Finished my calipers the other day, Just have to clean intierior and give it a quick wash, then she's ready. :cool:

No worries, Glenn, I'll be sober, too.:eek:

not even going to worry about detailing the car to much. I need to dust everything down and vacuum it. Its going to rain on my on the way out so there is no point putting alot of effor into cleaning it. It will quick detail nicely anyway.

not even going to worry about detailing the car to much. I need to dust everything down and vacuum it. Its going to rain on my on the way out so there is no point putting alot of effor into cleaning it. It will quick detail nicely anyway.

I'm hoping it won't rain friday... I want to snap some pictures before I head out to Carlisle.

I'm hoping it won't rain friday... I want to snap some pictures before I head out to Carlisle.

i will have scattered thunderstorms in my area. will most likely hit them when I get into PA ... just like normal :rolleyes:

but then again I just went over the whole car with the PC and Z-AIO a few weeks ago. So its clean per say ... although zorrex laughed at me when I talked about getting the car cover on the car while in the storage unit, its dusty in there ...

i will have scattered thunderstorms in my area. will most likely hit them when I get into PA ... just like normal :rolleyes:

but then again I just went over the whole car with the PC and Z-AIO a few weeks ago. So its clean per say ... although zorrex laughed at me when I talked about getting the car cover on the car while in the storage unit, its dusty in there ...

For some reason I thought you were in PA. I guess I never pay attention to people's location.

A Zaino user... hmm... I'll have to talk to you at Carlisle because I'm thinking of making the switch. It was easier to do the Klasse AIO and Sealant before because I wasn't working full time and I could let the car sit for 2-3 days to allow for the ridiculous 9 hour set time between applying and removing. But now I'd like to be able to just bang out 3 coats of sealant in one day if I need to and Zaino seems like the answer. But there are so many Zaino products, i don't know which ones are what I'm looking for. Plus I'm hoping Zaino takes a finishing coat of carnauba well. It doesn't matter how many coats of Klasse I put on, by far the biggest difference comes when I apply the final top coat of Pinnacle Carnauba.

For some reason I thought you were in PA. I guess I never pay attention to people's location.

A Zaino user... hmm... I'll have to talk to you at Carlisle because I'm thinking of making the switch. It was easier to do the Klasse AIO and Sealant before because I wasn't working full time and I could let the car sit for 2-3 days to allow for the ridiculous 9 hour set time between applying and removing. But now I'd like to be able to just bang out 3 coats of sealant in one day if I need to and Zaino seems like the answer. But there are so many Zaino products, i don't know which ones are what I'm looking for. Plus I'm hoping Zaino takes a finishing coat of carnauba well. It doesn't matter how many coats of Klasse I put on, by far the biggest difference comes when I apply the final top coat of Pinnacle Carnauba.

you don't need a carnauba on top of zaino. Its a polish.

DSC04596.JPG

DSC04593.JPG

Now ask around as I had people at SZ ask why I didn't try for best paint. Ask Luca also as we all know how clean allen kept the car but she commented on how much shine there was to the paint.

All I did was a coat of Z-AIO and Z5 applied and removed with a PC.

Here the last thing I did was a coat of Z-AIO applied and removed with the PC

DSC04737.JPG

To get started you need zfx and Z5 or Z2. I can show you everything I have and walk you through it at Carlisle.

you don't need a carnauba on top of zaino. Its a polish.

Now ask around as I had people at SZ ask why I didn't try for best paint. Ask Luca also as we all know how clean allen kept the car but she commented on how much shine there was to the paint.

All I did was a coat of Z-AIO and Z5 applied and removed with a PC.

Here the last thing I did was a coat of Z-AIO applied and removed with the PC

To get started you need zfx and Z5 or Z2. I can show you everything I have and walk you through it at Carlisle.

I thought one of the "final steps" of the zaino process was a sealant. I do like carnauba because it hides imperfections really well compared to sealant.

We'll talk at carlisle... I just know that I've looked at the zaino website and was confused because they name everything Zxx.

I can assure you, it was SHINY and smooth. :drool:
Yes, I actually lightly touched the bumper. :shocked: It was calling my name, it looked amazing.

I thought one of the "final steps" of the zaino process was a sealant. I do like carnauba because it hides imperfections really well compared to sealant.

We'll talk at carlisle... I just know that I've looked at the zaino website and was confused because they name everything Zxx.

yes they do have a sealant that you can use, not very crazy about it but its good on wheels.

I used Z-AIO on my parents cars last summer and it beaded well for 6+ months. we washed all their cars this past weekend and it wasn't anymore. Time for some more :laugh:

I don't see why you couldn't use a carnauba as a topper.

Here is the updated list:

1. Luca + 1 - registered -Confirmed
2. Joel4Prez - registered - Confirmed
3. black98csvt - registered - Confirmed
4. Black 98 CSVT- registered - Confirmed
5. 99 red svt + 1- registered - Confirmed
6. My98SVTturbo + 3 or 4 -registered - Will register at the gate
7. brapple + jessica52283 - registered - Confirmed
8. Zerohour (+1 maybe ) - registered - Confirmed
9. juspifool + 1 - registered - Confirmed
10. Ian +1 - registered - Confirmed
11. ilive4sports + 1 -registered - Confirmed
12. Aaron 98 SE +1 -registered - Confirmed
13. Getsum111 + 2 or 3 - registered - Confirmed
14. Laura + 1 - registered - Confirmed
15. wa2tuff + son-registered - Confirmed
16. iBrent - registered - Confirmed
17. Guitarman19853 - registered - Confirmed
18. Buddy Palumbo - registered - Confirmed
19. Checker'dSVT - registered - Confirmed
20. I8RICE - registered - Confirmed
21. Ghost2308 +1 - registered -Confirmed
22. SVT for a16 year-old + 1 - registered - Confirmed
23. Todras - registered - Confirmed
24. Turbo_Fox-registered --Confirmed
25. Shaggy- registered - Confirmed
26. 95pgt-t -

I just called and confirmed Turbo_Fox's registration.

Alex is going to register at the gate so we have our 25. :cool:

OK, I have a surprise for you guys....

We aren't parking on the hill this year. :cool:
Since I had so many requests about where we are parking, I asked Toni and she was gracious enough to tell me.

We are, if you are sitting in the grandstands and looking straight at the show field, to the right of the grandstands. Rows CB22-23. We were in that area in 03 for those that remember. ;)

Page 39:
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/pdf/2008_Ford_Magazine.pdf

We're also in close proximity to the dyno again this year.

A huge thanks to Toni for going over the list with me and telling us where we're going to park. Another outstanding Carlisle employee!

so who else is parking in the SVT 15th anniversary area?

Are they doing separate awards for cars parked there?

basically, if most people are parking in the show field, does that give me a better chance at taking home a SVT Contour-Stock award from the 15th anniversary field?

so who else is parking in the SVT 15th anniversary area?

Are they doing separate awards for cars parked there?

basically, if most people are parking in the show field, does that give me a better chance at taking home a SVT Contour-Stock award from the 15th anniversary field?

I am. And registered in the stock category... which means, you'll be good.

I am. And registered in the stock category... which means, you'll be good.

haha, every year I had my mustang, and stood no chance at the "Super-Modified 87-93" awards.

This year, my 48k miles bone stock t-green has a much better chance to win, since I would imagine there arent too many stock svt contours going.

haha, every year I had my mustang, and stood no chance at the "Super-Modified 87-93" awards.

This year, my 48k miles bone stock t-green has a much better chance to win, since I would imagine there arent too many stock svt contours going.

Depends on what they consider stock... They said less than 4 mods... Well its hard to tell what's a mod. Is my Y-Pipe and Cat really a mod (not visible except on my spec sheet)? Or painting the grille ring... I feel that even the air filter is pushing it as a mod. I will have one major mod, two if you do count open filter & heatshield, 3 if minor aesthetic paint is coutned, and 4 if the y-pipe counts.

Back