• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carlisle- ALL FORD NATIONALS

so did you guys go somewhere to drink or did you bring it with you or somethin?

EDIT: hey this is my 100th post.

Now now Adopted Mom...why would you do that to me?

Because Ryan and I were EXHAUSTED, that's why. :help:
I'm glad to know that you won't imbibe during this trip. Good for you. :)

so did you guys go somewhere to drink or did you bring it with you or somethin?

EDIT: hey this is my 100th post.

We bring our own, there's a liquor store/beer store about 3 miles up the road from the hotel. From there we hit up the Hotel Carlisle gazebo to hang out for a bit. You're welcome to join us.

Congrats on your 100th. :)

hmm. i just might. im only gonna be there saturday but if you guys are goin saturday night i could go. i definetly wont be getting sick though.

From their website:

ALCOHOL POLICY

Sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted; however, disorderly or intoxicated persons will not be tolerated. Furnishing of alcoholic beverages to minors is prohibited. Pennsylvania State Law considers anyone under the age of 21 a minor. No glass bottles.

I see Mark is on top of things. :laugh:
No glass and you're fine.

hmm. i just might. im only gonna be there saturday but if you guys are goin saturday night i could go. i definetly wont be getting sick though.

We hit up the gazebo every night after returning from the fairgrounds. So, we'll be there Sat. night.
Good to know, no barfing allowed. :D

Stay on this path and this thread stays unedited. No mentioning the specifics of what went on last year, got it? Good. :)

Last edited:
well i have never been disorderly on alcohol. ok lets put it this way...if i showed up drunk(which i wouldnt do because i plan on being there at 8 in the morning) no one would notice. its crazy they even allow alcohol. i just asked because some people dont follow rules.

EDIT: i think that was still on topic because no one really knows me on here and i dont want people to think im gonna get all drunk and crazy while im there. im actually a quiet person sober or drunk.

Good!

OK everyone, no more about being drunk.
We're all going to hang out, have a good time, and relax.

On to the next topic of discussion... Is everyone's car ready?

Last edited:
well my car is back at the ford garage but it is driveable and if it switchs itself into nuetral on the road i can just pull over and put it in park then back into drive. that usually gets it back into drive. and its gonna be clean as long as it doesnt rain.

On to the next topic of discussion... Is everyone's car ready?

I pulled the Mirko off the car an hour ago. LOL! First coat of filler just about hardened. Gotta go back out and do another tonight. Should be ready for sand and paint tomorrow. It should hold up a lot better this time since I'm using fiber fill. Say no to Bondo for the Mirko.

Probably not one of the best examples of being responsible with alcohol at Carlisle...

Removed photo.

Note: I'm not in there anywhere, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pulled the Mirko off the car an hour ago. LOL! First coat of filler just about hardened. Gotta go back out and do another tonight. Should be ready for sand and paint tomorrow. It should hold up a lot better this time since I'm using fiber fill. Say no to Bondo for the Mirko.

Not even close. The wheels are off the car and cleaned. Everything else still needs done including waxing, detailing engine, etc etc.. I get to drive to carlisle for work tomorrow so I won't be getting home till late, then i will hopefully try to get wax on it. I really need to get thursday off.

:censored:

Its 11:08, it just started raining, the car isn't done yet, I cut my hand yesterday, I got a mess all over the garage everywhere, and I never got to call Scott back cause I've been in the garage since 5:30 :blackeye:

Freakin car :laugh:

I just got done with my list for tonight. And I didn't finish repainting the grille ring. I screwed up the primer by trying to wetsand before it was dry. darn humidity made it not dry as fast. Should be do-able tomorrow. Tomorrow, the car goes up on blocks to paint calipers!

Somewhere in here I need to address my interior...

I was considering bringing a guitar with me until I saw the temperatures. I'm not leaving that in the car during the hot day. and I wouldn't leave it at the campsite either. I really need to get a cheap acoustic for this kind of thing.

So I guess they're pretty relaxed on laws and such in PA. Wowsers.

i wouldnt say that. maybe you can get away with drinkin on the fairgrounds but i can guarantee if you leave and start wonderin around there might be a cop in the bushes waitin to bust you for it.

Back