• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official pre98 only thread

I wish it was crazy modded fast, but if it aint broke don't fix it. 2.5L MTX stock motor 1 clutch replace. I want to do so many things to it, but I am afraid the second I do, it will probably blow. Looks mean though :laugh:

I finally modded the motor, and sure enough, I need to eat my own words :nonono: I didn't blow it up, but it is blowing the oil filters off.
I am tearing it down myself and fixing, changing, and powder coating everything I can get my hands on! The first pics in this thread is how it looks now.

Man, I haven't posted here in years...jeez.

Last May, after years of restoring this totaled 96' (owned since it was new), I debuted my SE at the Cruisefest Nationals here in Ohio, and placed first in the Ford Mild class with over 30 cars in my class.

100_2470.jpg

100_2471.jpg

IM000444.jpg

Last edited:
knauberized and SVT skirts, you are going in the right direction :) - Looks clean :drool:

the other cars in that class must have been either stock or quite ugly

i'm scared to even think about what the interior looks like

Here are some pretty old pics I dug up :) I'll get some new ones soon

1.jpg

would you happen to have any wallpaper size versions of those pics? like 1440x990 or 1600x1200? I had those pictures forever and them recently lost them after a hardware upgrade :nonono:

I've tried to keep the body in as best stock condition I can. Only mods are performance related. Pics were taken just a couple months ago.

2750732_3_full.jpg

2750732_4_full.jpg

Back