• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Troll ;)

ChattavegasSE

Hard-core CEG'er
47b7cc25b3127cceb10b952fb05b00000026100AbsnLVy4ZuWIg

47b7cc25b3127cceb10baae7712400000026100AbsnLVy4ZuWIg

47b7cc25b3127cceb10ba303315c00000026100AbsnLVy4ZuWIg

47b7cc25b3127cceb10bb4b4717800000026100AbsnLVy4ZuWIg

47b7cc25b3127cceb10bc263719400000026100AbsnLVy4ZuWIg

47b7cc25b3127cceb10bc684f04100000026100AbsnLVy4ZuWIg

The point is, its freakin awesome lol... how do you like it???

lol, it is freak'in awesome:) I always thought they rode a little high. I always enjoyed driving them back when I worked for Morrie's Mazda dealer. It looks like you have an intake on it. I've often wondered what kind of engine swaps would go into these in later life or if a supercharger setup would be better than a turbo.

Nice car...BTW, Black Cherry, not Dark Cherry ;) Was it a left over 06 or did you get it used?

I've often wondered what kind of engine swaps would go into these in later life or if a supercharger setup would be better than a turbo.

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you are... :confused:

I've often wondered what kind of engine swaps would go into these in later life or if a supercharger setup would be better than a turbo.

Fail.

Forged block and crank, Direct injection, VVT.... What swap would be better for boosted applications?

Swap out the crappy IHI turbo and fly away.

Beautiful car. If I could only decide on a Speed6 or Speed3....

Well the question is do you want a hatch or trunk? B/c they're basically the same cars. I'm not sure which one is faster in the 1/4 tho. I know the speed3 does a 14.4 but couldnt find the speed6's time????? Mayb it's close to the same.

Besides first person reports showing that the speed6's AWD drivetrain's durability will be extremely bad with any kind of power upgrade?

There are some who have had issues...there coming out with an aftermarket fix that will hold the diff better in place.

We have somefolks that are pulling high 12's with the stock AWD...I'm running a mid 13 with no issues.

barge that true? in that case go with the speed3 b/c i dont know of many people who get a car like that and doesnt upgrade. Wouldnt the 3 and 6 share the same tranny? or is the 3 a five speed...

Thanks for the compliments guys. :cool: Lemme try to address them:

Point = Zaino'd Speed
Like it? Yes
Riding high? Yes, but still handles on rails
Engine swap? I've got a full built 3JZ with NAS
2006 used
Thanks Ryan
Tourgie - all correct; except the teeny tiny Hitachi is just too cute to toss out
MS6>3LSVT=crap
MS6 vs. MS3 = personal preferance really. MS6 = swift touring/handling, MS3 = retarded fast acceleration. Which do you prefer?
Similar chassis'? Nope; not hardly. That's like comparing a Focus to a Contour. Both cars are 6-speeds, and the transmissions feel very similar; although I'm not sure if they have the same gear ratio's or not. The MS3 is FWD w/LSD and loves to spin the tires. The MS6 is AWD w/rear LSD and loves to hook 'n book.
There are several accounts of mid/high 13's with a stock car; although I can't tell how accurate that is.

I chose this over the MS3 because a) slightly used = t3h cheaper, b) the only Speed 3 the dealer had was bright freakin red; and looked a lot like my VW; of which I was so desparate to get rid.

This current rendition of the MS6 is discontinued. The MS6 is the only 6-style car to be built entirely in Japan on the Atenza line - the US 6 is the Atenza in the home country. The second generation Atenza is already in production in Japan, and since it shares no common parts whatsoever with the current generation, production of the US-spec MS6 must cease for the plant to continue building the gen-2 Atenza for JDM sales. Once the gen-2 US 6 goes on sale in the next year or two, it's speculated that a gen-2 MS6 should follow shortly thereafter; although a powertrain has yet to be chosen.

Back