• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2007 Calendar Pics Submission Thread

He was in 2005 versions 1 & 2. Less f'ing chit chat and more posting pictures. I'm gonna stop buying these calenders if its gonna repeat the same cars over and over again!! Get out there and snap some photos.

Last edited:

i will take better pictures buth is ok my car for a calendar pics?? i have a hp photosmart wit 4.1 mp is that right?? or i need a better camera?

Some current pics.. will have some 'new' ones soon :-D

october012tc4.jpg

needs more black rims :D :D

Those rims look familiar. ;)
Can't wait to see Goonz's wheels on your car. Hurry up. :)

i will take better pictures buth is ok my car for a calendar pics?? i have a hp photosmart wit 4.1 mp is that right?? or i need a better camera?

well im sure the camera is enough, but that first pic has tools on the intake and you're missing a jack cover...the second pic would be cool if there werent a ton of people inbetween the cars...third is a step in the right direction!

He was in 2005 versions 1 & 2. Less f'ing chit chat and more posting pictures. I'm gonna stop buying these calenders if its gonna repeat the same cars over and over again!! Get out there and snap some photos.

Does it really matter if cars are good enough to be the calendar in more than one year? As long as the same style of pics (backgrounds, locations etc) aren't repeated I personally can't see a problem with it.
I would go out & take some more pics for submitting but as I was in last years I better not...........

Just had to put my view up, no more chat from me :)

ever think that he has been in so many calanders since the pictures are that good and someone else could come up with something better :shrug:

those pics look familar, I don't care if the car is the same but I would think a new background would be a must

but your right on one point, people need to go out and take better pics ... put some effort into it, as it is easy to tell who didn't put any effort into the pictures they took ...

What time was it when you took these? I've been there during the day but never at night. Any problems with the cops?

I would think if you are doing something as harmless as taking pictures the cops wouldnt give you any troubles..

cops: "Hey you over there! what are you doing?"
man: "taking pictures of my sweet ass ride"
Cops: "OH JESUS CHRIST HE HAS A DAISEY! GET HIM!"

I think minor edits are fine. Things like fine-tuning the brightness or contrast. When the rule says "no Photoshopping," I take it to mean no special effects.

I call BS I think it is all in the pic all skill or luck no help

So you are saying edits like taking off a piece of dust that happened to be on your lens at the time of the shot, even though it might be a great shot is not allowed. Thats "BS".

So you are saying edits like taking off a piece of dust that happened to be on your lens at the time of the shot, even though it might be a great shot is not allowed. Thats "BS".

well i wasnt going to say that, just wondering what you did because ive had some pics that i think couldve been better if i did something of the sort.
either way, great pics.

Actually.. it isn't "BS" its "PS".

In the spirit of the rules, anything that would have routinely been done at a photolab with regular film (brightness, contrast, exposure, etc) is fine.

Cloning, healing, warping, twisting, free transform, graphic layers of any kind, etc are all not in the spirit of the competition. If, by increasing the brightness (etc) you can remove the dust's visual appearance in the shot, then good on you.

If you have to clone, stamp, etc, then it really should be disqualified. Of course, nobody will know but you, so its all a matter of integrity my fellow calendar submittees.

Back