• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CTA Motorsports Zetec Intake Kit (We may start making them again, but...)

i would jump on this for the old price, the old set up seems good to me ... but the improvements sounds nice also

Old price was $149.00, jump in estimated new price is due to reduced currency exchange, making our Canadian costs higher and now lower, cost of the high pressure silicone couplings and simply the cost of the parts themselves have gone up since we made the first generation intakes. :( We are researching avenues to get the parts at lesser costs, hence lowering the cost of the intake kits. No success yet.

Chris, I have a few of suggestions.

1st. Let the guys here in the US supply their own filter. They can decide on a super cheap K&N knockoff or a driflo foam filter depending on their cashflow. You could just supply the recomended filter dimensions and we could start from there.

2nd. Would it be possible to get a TB elbow like the one in this pic ?
GMKintake001.jpg

3rd. design it so that the less wealthy can buy it in stages. could you make a modular kit that allows someone to replace the whole intake in say..three stages? 1st the TB elbow, then the intake tubing, and then the filter assembly?

ok I'm done.

why do threads always slow down or just die after I post...Are my posts so insightful that there is no further need for discussion?

Chris, I have a few of suggestions.

1st. Let the guys here in the US supply their own filter. They can decide on a super cheap K&N knockoff or a driflo foam filter depending on their cashflow. You could just supply the recomended filter dimensions and we could start from there.

2nd. Would it be possible to get a TB elbow like the one in this pic ?
GMKintake001.jpg

3rd. design it so that the less wealthy can buy it in stages. could you make a modular kit that allows someone to replace the whole intake in say..three stages? 1st the TB elbow, then the intake tubing, and then the filter assembly?

ok I'm done.

1. We have to buy piping and filters, if piping only, our cost for the piping goes up, then kit price goes up.

2. Nope, looked into that already, costs even more than the silicone 90 degree elbows.

3. Possible, but not probable, as we would have to have stock each individual piece in different quantities. From our side, we have to minimize our overhead cost.

Good suggestions, all will be kept in mind if we can find alternative arrangements.

1. find a new supplier for each.
2. see #1
3. that's kind of what I thought you would say, but I threw it out there anyway

Last edited:
The price increase(as compared to the old kits) is due to removing the old metal TB elbow, and adding the 90 degree high pressure silicone elbow in its place.

I've gotta say guys, that is well worth it. I modified my CTA with three $40 silicone elbows/adapters to get rid of the stock metal TB bend. It just never fit well and always rubbed my hood.

The new design is only $50 more? Not bad. Especially for an 11 year old car...because you know that our aftermarket is sooo huge. :crazy:

BP

I've gotta say guys, that is well worth it. I modified my CTA with three $40 silicone elbows/adapters to get rid of the stock metal TB bend. It just never fit well and always rubbed my hood.

The new design is only $50 more? Not bad. Especially for an 11 year old car...because you know that our aftermarket is sooo huge. :crazy:

BP

Rubbed?! heh..try dented when your dad doesn't understand when you tell him to shut the hood gently.

smae here only it wasnt my dad it was one of my friends at school

told him to shut it gently and then push it down to latch it. whats he do? drops it. :nonono:

yeah mines dented as well.. I would like to know where we could get an alternate elbow or just the silicone one from the Gen-2's.... I have always wanted to take a hacksaw to that 90... since I first saw that dent.. :p

yeah mines dented as well.. I would like to know where we could get an alternate elbow or just the silicone one from the Gen-2's.... I have always wanted to take a hacksaw to that 90... since I first saw that dent.. :p

Once we get a prototype built, we should be able to provide silicone elbows that could work with both new and original kits.

i would but i have a problem!

i would but i have a problem!

i would love to have a kit made by ya'll on my car, i would love the performance gains, but my car is 1999 2.0 zetec and it only has four wires going int o the TB so i would need the bung previously mentioned for the earlier cars? I think, can someone please let me knoe, and yes build it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as i can get the money im looking into the dual exhaust for my car too! So i would love to have this kit, and the duals.

Back