• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

U-Pull-It meet--25 Nov

LUCA

Boomstick\Owner
Admin
Glenn can make it on the 25th so that's the date of the next Harry's meet. It's a Sunday.

Who is in for this one?

1. Glenn (I put you first so you didn't feel rejected)
2. Ken
3. Chris

Copy/paste and add your name if you can make it.

i dont know about the 25th yet but I'll definitely be there tomorrow.. wait its after 1:00 Am, hmm so I will be there today!? Better get to sleep, I'm meeting Dan at 9:00

I just put in for the request, so hopefully I can get it off. No promises because requesting days off at my job (even when done months in advance) is like pulling teeth.We can't seem to ever keep people very long so we are always short staffed, therefore I have to work between 5 and 7 days a week. I'm going to do as much begging as possible to get this. My job requires a "good reason" when giving days off...any suggestions? And I mean real ones, not "I need parts for my car!!!"

I'm going to jump on the list any way for now, and I will check to see if my brother, 98Mystique can make it as well.

1. Glenn (I put you first so you didn't feel rejected)
2. Ken
3. Chris
4. Scott
5. Me(haha)
6. James

^ A good reason? Umm, your going to have bronchitis that day? :shrug: ;)
A doctor's appointment won't work since it will be a Sunday. Let me think about it.

Hope your brother can make this one too.

Is there a time in mind for this one?

Not yet. Do you have a time in mind that will work for you? If so, post it and we can start to plan the meeting time.

I'll be there! I'm going to spend the next week or two putting a list together of some other stuff I need. Plus I won't mind spending another 20 or so minutes pulling a very stubborn IMRC box again or anything else for anyone... Dan... :crazy:

My job requires a "good reason" when giving days off...any suggestions? And I mean real ones, not "I need parts for my car!!!"

I got it... you have a baptism to go to and you have to be there, you are the Godfather. :D
The meet is on a Sunday too. :)

I got it... you have a baptism to go to and you have to be there, you are the Godfather. :D
The meet is on a Sunday too. :)

I'll try and run that one by my manager. This this should work on my female manager, but not on my male manager. He knows all about my "junkyard trips" and will be suspicious. Last time I called off to go to the junkyard with you guys he got suspicious. He was right. When I came in with sunburn my manager pretty much knew for sure where I was. I suppose I'll take the 25th as a vacation day if I get it. Atleast I will be getiing paid to go to a junkyard. I have 100 vacation hours saved for next year, hopefully I will be able to make it to SZ08.

LMAO! I kinda did it on purpose.
When I was re-reading everything I realized how it sounded but left it that way.

Leave it to you to notice. :D

Last edited:
I took a peek at the new schedule for work and I got the day off. Oddly enough, I didn't have to give an excuse this time. I will definitely be there on the 25th, but I still have to see if my brother can make it.

Back