• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

red SVT on tach

OK, can't find it yet, but I printed it up, so it's at home, I'll post it up later. I'm really getting kinda geeked about this, even though it's going to kill my gas milage making the SVT light up red all the time. :laugh:

I am not sure on the pinout (I am not at home.. I am out at work) but you would (if you can't tap in the the harness wire) have to tap in to the signal output of the transistor that is powered to actually OPEN the IMRC, so that when the transistor starts passing voltage out the (I would assume...) collector you would see that.

Either way, there or at the harness, you'd want a diode to prevent reverse flow of any signal to the PCM, or transistor.

OK, Ray, here is wher I'm gonna start sounding like a newbie. Sorry. :blackeye:

1. When i printed up the pages from the old forums, my printer cut off the URL, and I've tried for2 days to "recreate" my search with no luck. :help:

2. Ummmmm....use a what??????....diode, isn't that some kind of gemstone? :laugh:

3. But if I know which wire on the harness to tap into, is it safe to splice into that wire?

4. If I wanted to use the "mechanical", ie, actual cam of the secondaries as a switch, can you suggest what type of switch to start looking for, or give me a (hard) shove in the right direction???? I've wired up many car audio systems, as well as secondary lights and such, but using a mechanical activated switch is something new to me.

a "diode" only lets current flow in one direction.

Sorry, sarcasm translates poorly when typed, I "theoritically" know what one does, but do I need one if I'm tapping into the harness wire itself? And are the different types of diodes (like there are capacitors), or are they all the same? Thanks for the response, Jon.

Back