• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

red SVT on tach

I did a fair amount of searching on the old and new site but could not find this. I'm sure i missed one key phrase.

Maybe this was a old group buy.

How do i get the SVT logo on my tach to be red and light up at night? Just like on a 03 cobra. I have seen pics of them on here but thats it. thanks everyone.

I did this mod prior to going w/ a Indiglo set of gauges that has the SVT in red and glows up red anyway but....

all you have to do is take apart the cluster and on the reverse side of the gauges you need to scrape off the film under the SVT lettering. Make sure you do not go outside of the lines of the letters. You need to be extremely careful b/c anywhere you scrape will cause light to be shown through. I used some sort of exacto knife and scraped ever so lightly and kept holding it up to the light to make sure I was scraping it just right. After that is done go and get yourself some red colored plastic wrap. Tape the plastic wrap to the back of the gauges. One layer will not cut it as it will be pink. But several layers will get you a nice dark orange/red color when the light of the gauges shines through it.

HTH

Is S&H that Tyler guy from NC? Well, either way, I had mine done in purple from the GB and I'm happy with it. Except mine says 1256 instead of SVT because that's the build #

I did this mod prior to going w/ a Indiglo set of gauges that has the SVT in red and glows up red anyway but....

all you have to do is take apart the cluster and on the reverse side of the gauges you need to scrape off the film under the SVT lettering. Make sure you do not go outside of the lines of the letters. You need to be extremely careful b/c anywhere you scrape will cause light to be shown through. I used some sort of exacto knife and scraped ever so lightly and kept holding it up to the light to make sure I was scraping it just right. After that is done go and get yourself some red colored plastic wrap. Tape the plastic wrap to the back of the gauges. One layer will not cut it as it will be pink. But several layers will get you a nice dark orange/red color when the light of the gauges shines through it.

HTH

Justin, you need to do this to mine!!!! I'll put on as many headers as you want!! Just need to make it light up when secondaries actuate. :drool:

this just looks bad to me.

resizer.php

Justin, you need to do this to mine!!!! I'll put on as many headers as you want!! Just need to make it light up when secondaries actuate. :drool:

Haha. Sure, I can do it for you as far as the lighting up red is concerned. I can do any other color as well as long as I can find that shade of saran wrap. However it will be lit up orangish/red (or whatever color you choose) whenever your interior lights are turned on. I'm not technically inclined enough to figure out the wiring on how to make it turn on when the secondaries open :laugh:

There used to be a thread on the old boards about someone who had an LED light up when his went on. Combine the two and that would rock!!! Man, Tammy's gonna kill me when I rip up my dash.:laugh:

Ah well, she will get over it :laugh:

But yea I can do your gauges with the RED SVT so it will light up red but I wouldn't want to mess with your electrical wiring. I'm not so good w/ electrical work. I'm lucky if I can remember which color is power and which is ground half the time :laugh:

Instead of using Saran wrap, wouldn't it be easier to use some paint? I'm a model junky, and Tamiya makes some clear red paint you can get at your local hobby shop for a couple bucks. It looks just like this except it's X-27:
23ml.jpg

Just use an uber fine brush to apply... I would think it would be MUCH easier than using Saran wrap. Just my 2 cents.
Erick --

Ah well, she will get over it :laugh:

But yea I can do your gauges with the RED SVT so it will light up red but I wouldn't want to mess with your electrical wiring. I'm not so good w/ electrical work. I'm lucky if I can remember which color is power and which is ground half the time :laugh:

That would rock. Maybe over Thanksgiving, if you'r eback in PA then? Did you see the thread about the Sonic meet in the NE Forum? You oughtta swing by if you can.

secondaries lighting up? easily enough.

you'd need a small "box" around the SVT lettering to keep ambient lighting from shining through, then a bulb/led on the INSIDE of that box, wire that the simple way through a relay with a pickup on the IRMC.

the more ACCURATE way, would be to use the method described in the old forums for actually mounting a sensor AT the butterflies themselves and wiring it up to light when that sensor says the butterflies have physically moved. (the first way just tells you that the PCM COMMANDED the IMRC to open them. the second way tells you that they actually opened.

That would rock. Maybe over Thanksgiving, if you'r eback in PA then? Did you see the thread about the Sonic meet in the NE Forum? You oughtta swing by if you can.

I should be in PA over Thanksgiving. My job is sort of crazy with travel. I often don't know I'll be going out of town until a few days before hand. I'm usually home for weekends but there are times I am not. The Sonic meet would be cool if I was in town. How far is it from Greentree? Thats where my office is located.

you'd need a small "box" around the SVT lettering to keep ambient lighting from shining through, then a bulb/led on the INSIDE of that box, wire that the simple way through a relay with a pickup on the IRMC.

Does anyone know which pin to tap into at the IMRC box? IIRC, #3 and #5 send signal back to the PCM, would it be safe to splice into these, or could that mess up the signal the PCM "sees", thus affecting the operation of teh IMRC box?

I'll try to find the link I was using yesterday showing what does what on the IMRC connection.

Back