• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My latest mod...

cnewton44

Hard-core CEG'er
Is this..

mod1.jpg

I only have the drivers side one on yet. Pretty easy. Just wired it right to the original bulb wiring. Its not as bright as I want, but I think im gonna add another one.

And for the record it IS NOT neon.
Thoughts? Like, or hate?

Why not white and not red light? That would make it brighter without having to add more.

Looks great BTW.:cool:

HOW TO HOW TO HOW TO HOW TO......... write it up!!!

LOL

nice job i like it wut supplies did you use?

- amyn
Its a secret.:D
I like the idea, but I personally would have gone with white just to give it a stock appearance.
Well the whole point of doing it was to make it red. Like I said before, I will have all my interior lights red when im done with them.

Door lights came on the mystique didn't they? I assume the contour has the wiring harness right there, just no lights attached. Pretty cool mod!

Oh and red works pretty good as red light is the least offensive to the eye, especially if you've been driving in the dark for a while. So red may have been the way to go. :cool:

Door lights came on the mystique didn't they? I assume the contour has the wiring harness right there, just no lights attached. Pretty cool mod!

yes mystiques came with the lights on the bottom corner of the front doors, however I believe it was decontented for the 2k and a red lens was put in its place as a cover.

the contour doesn't have the wiring I don't believe.

here are isntructions on how to add the lights to the contour
http://www.contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&displayid=10

Like Hector said, I would have gone with a red and white light just to brighten it up...but is just me :) Then again i would have to see it in person too, to know how bright it really is. But lookin' good. Suprised noone thought of that before on a merc. So now is it going to be called claytonized or newtonized LOL

That looks pretty nice, I think mine might be burned out :ponder:

So how'd you do it?
I was at Advanced Auto Parts one day and I was lookin at some of their stuff, when I saw these packages that were two 9" LED rods. Less than a quarter inch thick, they fit right in there without rubbing on the door sill.

I just dont know how much power they draw. I have to find out so I can see if I can run two off the same door wire. Basically I cut out the old bulb then just wired the rod wires to the old wires and Vhoila! Easy as cake. I actually took the inside door panel off to do it. Mostly just to see what was in there.:shrug:

Back