• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My first contour

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
Ok I finally scanned pics of my first contour, first brand new car for that matter. These are about a month after I bought it.There were when I was in the army back in 96, its a 97 gl mtx. I was NOT a car guy at the time but it definitly made me catch the bug and loooove the contour. A few months later I saw the first csvt in Alaska and wanted to trade but since I was on a lease they wouldnt let me:mad:. The first pic the car isnt scratched, its the picture I scanned.

Perfect weather for pics, tons of snow on the ground but around 70 degrees outside, wierd I know. The next day it was like 4 degrees.

10-6-2007-04.jpg

10-6-2007-05.jpg

10-6-2007-06.jpg

10-6-2007-07.jpg

Damn I was soooo young back then,lol
10-6-2007-09.jpg

lol yeah I was a youngster there, not even 21. I uploaded tons of old army pics on my myspace too Trey, some when I was 18,lol I looked 12

Cool pics. Im happy to say I've known my car since 1996 - it sat in my neighbor's driveway until 2003. :)

Yeah I had a mean lean in the day, it was in style at the time, so were my clothes,lol what the hell was I thinking,lol

Yes Alaska is AWSOME, its the type of state where you love it or hate it. I loved it.

Yeah I know hu John, tell Danielle she dosent have to think I am man-pretty, she better KNOW it,lol

Dammit, I would know, first-hand. I'm tempted to get Wal-Mart ones instead, or just go on steelies :laugh:

dont get different hub caps. thats lame.

Just save your cash and find some SVT wheels. they can be had dirt cheap now-a-days and they make the pre98 look really nice.

Yup gotta wear boots like that when snow is on the ground, expecially during breakup when everything is nasty.

I'll admit...in '95 I thought the Contour was a rebadged Tempo. Just coming off a Tempo a few years prior, no way was I about to get another.

My choice in '95...a Saturn SC2, which 5 years later became my trade in for the Contour.

Awesome to see old pics like that...I need to see if I have any from the pre-digital era.

Back