• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fastest contour

HolyRollerzC3Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapps
http://www.contour.org/archive/showf...ue#Post2 7534

So if you really ran a 11 second time in your svt, please indulge us all as to how!

An 11 second Contour is absurd. So are any claims that it's feasible. I'll be the first to buy a case of quality beer for the first person who does run an 11 second 1/4 mile in a CDW27.

As for posting, it's been done.

hmm iirc... demonsvt had the fastest 3.0 NA at 13.47 quarter mile.
http://home.kc.rr.com/newshore/Cars/SVT.html

and the other one .. didnt burritasvt or one of them pull off a 13.2 w/ a turbo 3.0 litre?

I think I read somewhere that a 2.5 nitrous did 13's... I don't know the validity of that, but I am sure of DemonSVT.

The 13.2 on nitrous was me. And it was in a cougar.

Someone with a 400whp turbo 'Tour needs to get to the track, launch light, then roll the power on for a 1.7-2.0 Sixty-Foot time, then it's only a matter of proper shifting to finish off some easy 12.4 - 12.6 second 1320 times.

Done right this should even be doable on street tires.

That definitely won't be happening on street tires. With my old N/A 3L with my suspension set on full stiff, and some pretty soft tires, I was just at the point of keeping and losing traction on my 2.13 60' time. Keeping a boosted Contour under control in 1st gear is only going to make that harder. I'd love to see it, but it's highly unlikely.

Mark

Someone with a 400whp turbo 'Tour needs to get to the track, launch light, then roll the power on for a 1.7-2.0 Sixty-Foot time, then it's only a matter of proper shifting to finish off some easy 12.4 - 12.6 second 1320 times.

Done right this should even be doable on street tires.

Not when you dont get traction until 3rd gear. :blackeye:

A SPEC III clutch doesnt help with the launch either.

That kind of boost controller wouldn't even be that hard, but instead of focusing on gear dependency have it set up on time delay that is designed for the 1/4 mile

Or, here's a crazy idea . . . make changes to the suspension to improve the traction at launch . . .

I think maybe a nice winding road would do the trick. Then it won't matter that the car isn't the most blisteringly fast thing on the landscape, but it will matter that its got plenty of thrust and can handle well. :cool:

Ray said:
Or, here's a crazy idea . . . make changes to the suspension to improve the traction at launch . . .
yeah.. and then REALLY enjoy driving it on a daily basis.

Well if anyone wants to donate a blown motor, I got the chassy if you want to find out.

and a full blown suspension is probably just as practical for DD use as a blown 3L.

yeah.. and then REALLY enjoy driving it on a daily basis.

That's why you build a Silverfrost track-only built and gutted SVT so you can keep your nice black one comfy for the street/daily ride/cruise. Am I the only person doing this??? :shrug: These cars are cheap nowadays people GET ON IT! For Christ sake i'll be in the 13s for FREE, imagine what a little money on top of that will do.

13s? all motor? that will be intresting....

That's why you build a Silverfrost track-only built and gutted SVT so you can keep your nice black one comfy for the street/daily ride/cruise. Am I the only person doing this??? :shrug: These cars are cheap nowadays people GET ON IT! For Christ sake i'll be in the 13s for FREE, imagine what a little money on top of that will do.

13s? all motor? that will be intresting....

When did i say all motor??? Not that it would be that hard with 3L and a couple hundred pounds of weight reduction with proper tires...

You do realize there's already a couple cars in the 13s all motor in full street trim right....

When did i say all motor??? Not that it would be that hard with 3L and a couple hundred pounds of weight reduction with proper tires...

You do realize there's already a couple cars in the 13s all motor in full street trim right....

wow. really? i seriosly did not know that....who is? thats crazy.
anyone besides that demonsvt or whatever

Back