• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Photo Whoring

jebus chrimany! first off... learn to speak AND spell... secondly take off the vinyl stickers, especially the SVT ones, and lighten up, most people around here are very knowlegable and are just trying to offer suggestions or alternative ways to make the same if no more power with less money and in a more practical way. You by all means have the right to stick to your guns and do whatever it is, you want to do to your car. just don't start spouting off like a pist off 13 year old how your going to beat people by 15 links!

Props for modding your zetec and piecing together the kit you have now, my suggestion would be, be a little more patient, and re-think and or re-route the delivery pipe that runs over the motor, to the throttle body, and adjust the inter-cooler, and bumper...

ps... reading this made me laugh. thx!

Last edited:
At least no one said your headlights were hazy or some stupid **** like that. If it weren't for you they would have to be ripping on someone else to make their own car seem better so whatever I guess.

shezzzzz, I'll take 5 links and the move for $500.00..............15 links my a$$. That tells me you have no clue on street racing.

my old Pinto would give you a run:

pintoes3.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

shezzzzz, I'll take 5 links and the move for $500.00..............15 links my a$$. That tells me you have no clue on street racing.

my old Pinto would give you a run:

pintoes3.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

that pinto is sweet as hell :shocked: :shrug:

Man, how did I miss this thread?!

Good to see some love for the pre 98s. Champaigne one looks pretty clean. Also good to see someone trying to venture into FI, but I'm sure I'll repeat a lot of the comments made already: Lose the stickers. Ditch the HUGE FMIC intercooler for a smaller one so your fascia fits over it. A smaller one would be more than sufficient for that little zetec. Body needs a lot of work as well as fresh paint. I think I would work on that first.

This first thing I thought of was Bosozoku/Bososoku cars:

510BLUEBIRD.jpg

I had no idea someone would use a Contour for that.

Last edited:
At least no one said your headlights were hazy or some stupid **** like that. If it weren't for you they would have to be ripping on someone else to make their own car seem better so whatever I guess.
Apparently you missed it.:shrug: I dont think thats the problem people have.
OMG!!! That thing is friggin sweet!!:cool:

That was my baby back in the day,

Engine:
2400 CC bored 30 over
9:1 forged pistons
Ford racing cam
head ported, polished
Eldenbrock maniflod
Holly 390 4 barrel carb
Hooker headers w/straight 3" pipe to rear magflow muff

Tires:
front 14" forgot name of rims wrap with 50"s BFGoodrich 205
Rear 14" 50" BFGoodrich 225

1/4 mile 13.9

Next mod was to go with sidedraft carb setup, but sold it.

No that's exactlly the problem people have here Cnewton. There's 13 pages of them ripping on his car.. I think he gets it, you don't like it, damn. Not one of you complained how each post is identical either, so you obviously enjoy making others look bad while you look better. sooo, stfu?:shrug:

No that's exactlly the problem people have here Cnewton. There's 13 pages of them ripping on his car.. I think he gets it, you don't like it, damn. Not one of you complained how each post is identical either, so you obviously enjoy making others look bad while you look better. sooo, stfu?:shrug:
Ummm... NO.... I wasnt ripping on his car to make mine look better. My car IS JUST a Mystique. Ill admit that to anyone. People ripped on his car because ITS JUST PLAIN UGLY, with the stuff he has on it.

But go ahead and think what you want.:cool:

This thread is still going?....:laugh: This is awesome, but I still haven't seen this guy around to get my links.:troutslap:

Which links were you reffering to?

15 of em b!tch and yes i was ripping on him to make my car look better:rolleyes:

sorry i couldnt help myself i just love all the heroes that come to add there 2 cents

Last edited:
Man I wish I would of seen this earlier then today.Someone needs to photoshop this guys car for him and show him how much better the thing could look just by doing some simple changes to the outside to clean it up some.I'm all for FI on a budget but if I am going to do something then I would like to do it the best way possible I can.The intercooler pipe needs rerouted so its not sitting on the engine,for both function and looks.If the injectors and stuff are still stock and he pushes them to hard then he will know,if not then I see no problem in running them as long as they work like they are suspossed too.If the don't work then hopefully his engine won't let go on a dyno somewhere.

Back