• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

quick question on wiring

NiggShevik

CEG'er
Just need some quick verification.

Wiring harness from 2.5l works with a ported 3l, correct?
Thanks. - Nick

He does not need to splice anything if he uses all the sensors from his 2.5L!
It was a general question, i didnt think it was worth making a new thread for:shrug: Anyway anyone got an answer? all four wires are different colors, how do I know what goes to what?

BLACKCOOG- I PMed you about a 3L fuel rail a few days ago.. Please get back to me... I NEED one!

you can tap the knock sensor, or you can splice two wires to change the connector type. either way works. i opted to splice the knock sensor wires. other than that, everything clips on perfectly. if you have a 00' SVT you don't have to touch the harness, they swap exactly the same. if you have a returnless car and your running a 3L intakes, you need blackcoog's fuel rail. (i believe that's the deal there.

you can tap the knock sensor, or you can splice two wires to change the connector type. either way works. i opted to splice the knock sensor wires. other than that, everything clips on perfectly. if you have a 00' SVT you don't have to touch the harness, they swap exactly the same. if you have a returnless car and your running a 3L intakes, you need blackcoog's fuel rail. (i believe that's the deal there.

My question was just about the knock sensor.. Im using the 98.5 wireing harness and have an '05 block/knock sensor. I want to use the newer sensor but the the connectors are different and the wires on the 05' sensor are different colors than on my wireing harness. How do I find out which color on the sensor goes to which color on my harness?

Blackcoog: Thanks, as long as its an 00' to 04' 3L rail, Ill take one off your hands!

BTW you can't use a newer knock sensor on an older engine. The hole is too large to bolt the newer knock sensor into. I suppose you could weld up the hold and then drill it out for the correct sized threads. Why not just use the old knock sensor? If you need an older knock sensor I may have one I could sell you cheap.

BTW you can't use a newer knock sensor on an older engine. The hole is too large to bolt the newer knock sensor into. I suppose you could weld up the hold and then drill it out for the correct sized threads. Why not just use the old knock sensor? If you need an older knock sensor I may have one I could sell you cheap.

Im doing a 3L swap as stated in my last post.. :help:
"Im using the 98.5 wireing harness and have an '05 block/knock sensor."

And i asked you about the 00' - 04' 3L fuel Rail...:rolleyes:

I need you to sell me that fuel Rail! Not a knock sensor.:crazy:

Tap the 3L block for the old sensor and then you don't have to do any splicing.

Fuel rail pics are below. The larger rail is from the 04 motor and the smaller rail is from an 02 motor.

Ill need the smaller one then, aslong as its in good working order! :laugh:

PM me with a total including shipping to 52002. And if you have a paypal account or not.

Thanks Blackcoog!

Back