• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WTF can i fix it??

icysvt

Addicted CEG'er
Ok I got some stuff shipped to me and one of the things was a uim off beyondloadedse's old car. well during shipping evidently the retards at fedex broke part of it. IDK what it actually does or if it is fixable but here are pics.

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

that tube goes to the PCV valve, and it is part of the vacuum system (sort of - the car will shut off if it isn't connected)

You can fix it. Drill out the rest of it the is still in the UIM. Then use a Tap and thread the hole, then get a Fitting the will screw into the threads you made, and have the fitting with a barbed end on it so you just have to slide a hose over it, and then connect it to the PCV valve...

That's what I would do... but I'm sure there are many ways to go about fixing it.

I'm going to take it to the maint. guys at work and see if they can hook me up lol. Thanks for the advice

Nice little way to prevent your buddies from driving home drunk... pull a vaccum line... car won't run..

I'm fixing the same problem right now. Drill it out and tap it for NPT threads and thread in a barbed hose fitting.

I'm fixing the same problem right now. Drill it out and tap it for NPT threads and thread in a barbed hose fitting.

thats what I would do, a clean fix that wont have to deal with BS welding in such a small area that you could just screw up more.

This is not Fed/Ex's fault but the person that packed the part. It wasn't packed well and the tube broke off.
ya but fedex isnt on good terms with me right now as it is. They already damaged a set of E0's I sold to frosty on here and im having to fight like hell with them to get the claim taken care of with it. could have been packed better but still it got thrown around or it wouldnt have been broke off all the way

ya but fedex isnt on good terms with me right now as it is. They already damaged a set of E0's I sold to frosty on here and im having to fight like hell with them to get the claim taken care of with it. could have been packed better but still it got thrown around or it wouldnt have been broke off all the way

I understand what you mean but if you would see how these companies move packages (saw it on Discovery once), you'll understnad why packaking really well is so important. Unless you labe it as fragine, it will take a beating in the system.

I'm parting a car out (not a contour/mystiqe) and make sure the parts are packed as if they could handle a drop from a 3rd floor.

Good luck with the calim. Be firm with them and they probaly will settle.

Unless you labe it as fragine, it will take a beating in the system.
Labeling a package as fragile is an open invitation to getting your package drop kicked every time. :laugh: I think it's an afront or something to these shippers to label something fragile when they know they should be as gentile as possible no matter what's inside the box. :mad:
Karl

I understand what you mean but if you would see how these companies move packages (saw it on Discovery once), you'll understnad why packaking really well is so important. Unless you labe it as fragine, it will take a beating in the system.

I'm parting a car out (not a contour/mystiqe) and make sure the parts are packed as if they could handle a drop from a 3rd floor.

Good luck with the calim. Be firm with them and they probaly will settle.

ive seen boxes for trophies. Maked on every side multipule time, in huge letters and red, with fragile. The box came in half crushed, the tape even had fragile printed on it.

Back