• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The easy way to getting an SVT on ramps...

CSVT_2004

Hard-core CEG'er
Little mod my dad made for my bro and I. :D

Lineing it all up...
100_2485.JPG

Double check....
100_2486.JPG

OOOoooo Close....
100_2487.JPG

And up on the ramps at last...
100_2489.JPG

Railroad ties are you friend....
100_2490.JPG

Cut grooves and bolts so they "hook" into the metal ramps...
100_2491.JPG

Nice huh!?

Last edited:
My only issue with that is if you go too far, you're done! Should implement some sort of stopper at the edge.
Don't have an SVT but have been using ramps for 17 years and have not have an issue going past the ramps yet. For an automatic, I keep my left foot on the brake pedal to control it. For a manual transmission, I put my right toes near (or on) the brake pedal and heel on the gas pedal (horizontal foot). But the way I usually "cheat" is to park with driver's side to the right of another car. That way I can see the reflection on the side of the other car as I drive up the ramp. ;)

there is actually a company who designed and makes ramps made for lowered cars. its called raceramps.com. i saw them at sema and they were nice but expensive. but worth it if you have lowered cars. check it out.

there is actually a company who designed and makes ramps made for lowered cars. its called raceramps.com. i saw them at sema and they were nice but expensive. but worth it if you have lowered cars. check it out.

Those are nice..... but freaking expensive!

Yeah, you should never have touched it :blackeye:. Now it looks like poop with wheels :D.

I don't feel like googling it...do they have low profile wheel ramps with a built in hydraulic jack to easily jack the car up?

Back