• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Widebody!

Celica GT-S engine is used in the Lotus cars, there are people who have boosted this engine but due to the high compression your only going to see 40HP on stock internals. Lotus has suceefully added boost to there Exige-S

To the Toyota-sourced 1.8-liter four-cylinder that powers Lotus’ entire lineup, the company has added a Roots-type supercharger making 7 psi of boost and an air-to-air intercooler fed by the roof-mounted air scoop. Horsepower is up 30 to 220 at 7800 rpm and torque swells from 133 pound-feet to 165 at 5600 rpm. That’s not a huge gain, but Lotus doesn’t want to overstress the engine internals that are identical to the naturally aspirated version. That, and Lotus wouldn’t want to out-do the non-street-legal, limited-edition, 243-hp, $78,990 Lotus Sport Exige Cup that has essentially the same supercharged powertrain. The Toyota six-speed manual in the Elise and Exige is carried over.

Oh god, my eyes, I ripped my own eyes out. What cruel sort of person would make something so hideous?

Haha jk but seriously, I think both of those Celica's are just awful, it's my opinion so take it for what it's worth, but IMO that car has no business wearing a widebody.

It's not riced...it's all completely and professionally done. The best-of-the-best work is done on this car. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter who does the work, that car has no use for a widebody kit, and the wheels to fill the gap are going to do nothing more than weight it down. Seems like a whole lot of extra eye candy that does nothing for the car. :shrug:

If I went and bought an Accent, and had a body kit professionally installed on it and molded, it'd still be rice.

Face it, the Accent and your friends Celica are in the same boat.

Seems like a whole lot of extra eye candy that does nothing for the car. :shrug:

I told you, it's a show car. It doesn't have any bigtime engine mods. It's got an intake and I think an exhaust, and the engine bay was prettied up with some paint and other meaningless goodies to make it look nice while the hood was up. Everything on it is to look nice. The whole point of the car is to be a big piece of eye candy...

I told you, it's a show car. It doesn't have any bigtime engine mods. It's got an intake and I think an exhaust, and the engine bay was prettied up with some paint and other meaningless goodies to make it look nice while the hood was up. Everything on it is to look nice. The whole point of the car is to be a big piece of eye candy...

I think what you are missing is that those cars are the definition of rice; worthless appearance mods done under the auspices of emulating a performance look all-the-while ruining what little performance capability the vehicle started out with.

Those vehicles look ridiculous and the only people that think they look nice are FF Ricers. Unfortunately, there is an entire sub-culture that has been conditioned to think that gaudy body kits equate to performance, and because of this niche group there is an entire industry devoted to destroying the look and functionality of motor vehicles. Your friend's car is no exception, it IS hideous, it IS worthless, but ricers have more money than brains and the companies that focus on destroying the value of an automobile know they can exploit people, such as your friend, in order to sell product.

Ricers are only cool to other ricers. That is not to say that imports/econ. cars can not be made into performance vehicles, but when they are: gaudy body kits, pointless interior mods (huge stereos, tv screens everywhere, etc), and shiny engines are not keys to the equation.

I think what you are missing is that those cars are the definition of rice; worthless appearance mods done under the auspices of emulating a performance look all-the-while ruining what little performance capability the vehicle started out with.

Those vehicles look ridiculous and the only people that think they look nice are FF Ricers. Unfortunately, there is an entire sub-culture that has been conditioned to think that gaudy body kits equate to performance, and because of this niche group there is an entire industry devoted to destroying the look and functionality of motor vehicles. Your friend's car is no exception, it IS hideous, it IS worthless, but ricers have more money than brains and the companies that focus on destroying the value of an automobile know they can exploit people, such as your friend, in order to sell product.

Ricers are only cool to other ricers. That is not to say that imports/econ. cars can not be made into performance vehicles, but when they are: gaudy body kits, pointless interior mods (huge stereos, tv screens everywhere, etc), and shiny engines are not keys to the equation.

Says the man with the Mustang. J/K. I agree to a certain extent. But, hey it's his car. He can screw it up however he wants. Personally, some of my favorite cars are the ones you see at the track (or strip) that look like crap. They're usually the fastest ones.

Wheel update

Wheel update

So he decided on a set of wheels...5zigen sport engine SC3000 wheels

5zigen-sc3000.jpg

The car will be painted sometime in the next week or two, I will post pics when it is complete. I already have a spare pair of pants ready ;-)

Last edited:
And also, just found out more details..

Car is sponsored by: Toyota racing development, Vertical Doors Inc., Phoenix Gold Audio, 5zigen wheels, and currently talking with toyo tires, takata, and tein suspension

Modifications:
-Custom Wide Body Kit
-Bomex Front Bumper
-Molded TRD Sideskirts
-Shaved door handles
-TRD Rear Bumper
-TRD Spoiler
-TRD Big Brake Kit
-Vertical Doors Inc. Door Hinge Kit
-Tokico HP Shocks and Springs
-5zigen sport engine SC3000 wheels 19x9.5
-Toyo T1-R Tires
-AEM Cold Air Intake
-APR Strut Bar
-TRD Oil Cap
-Custom triple gauge pod center console
-Custom two tone interior
-TV and Sony PS2 mounted within glove box
-Pro sport gauges
-Re-Wrapped Steering Wheel in leather two-tone
-Autopower 6-point Roll Cage
-Custom Fiberglass Trunk Enclosure
-Phoenix Gold RSD6.5 Coax
-Phoenix Gold RSD6.5 Coax
-Phoenix Gold RSD500.4 Amplifier
-Phoenix Gold RSD10 Subwoofer
-Phoenix Gold RSD10 Subwoofer
-Phoenix Gold RSD600.1 Amplifier
-Phoenix Gold LPL44 Bass control
-Phoenix Gold Akit82 amp kit

Pfff, he has an intake. That is like +1200001230928309182309820981203730987340987234098734876349827364298369736123987521398761238976123987369836195273612387139817 BHP

Pfff, he has an intake. That is like +1200001230928309182309820981203730987340987234098734876349827364298369736123987521398761238976123987369836195273612387139817 BHP

You're going to get double that HP in your face from my fist...I would appreciate if you stopped posting in this thread. This is a SHOW CAR. He wins many awards at NATIONAL SHOWS. I don't see your car doing that...:mad:

Back