• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Widebody!

And also, just found out more details..

Car is sponsored by: Toyota racing development, Vertical Doors Inc., Phoenix Gold Audio, 5zigen wheels, and currently talking with toyo tires, takata, and tein suspension

Modifications:
-Custom Wide Body Kit
-Bomex Front Bumper
-Molded TRD Sideskirts
-Shaved door handles
-TRD Rear Bumper
-TRD Spoiler
-TRD Big Brake Kit
-Vertical Doors Inc. Door Hinge Kit
-Tokico HP Shocks and Springs
-5zigen sport engine SC3000 wheels 19x9.5
-Toyo T1-R Tires
-AEM Cold Air Intake
-APR Strut Bar
-TRD Oil Cap
-Custom triple gauge pod center console
-Custom two tone interior
-TV and Sony PS2 mounted within glove box
-Pro sport gauges
-Re-Wrapped Steering Wheel in leather two-tone
-Autopower 6-point Roll Cage
-Custom Fiberglass Trunk Enclosure
-Phoenix Gold RSD6.5 Coax
-Phoenix Gold RSD6.5 Coax
-Phoenix Gold RSD500.4 Amplifier
-Phoenix Gold RSD10 Subwoofer
-Phoenix Gold RSD10 Subwoofer
-Phoenix Gold RSD600.1 Amplifier
-Phoenix Gold LPL44 Bass control
-Phoenix Gold Akit82 amp kit

You're going to get double that HP in your face from my fist...I would appreciate if you stopped posting in this thread. This is a SHOW CAR. He wins many awards at NATIONAL SHOWS. I don't see your car doing that...:mad:

I always thought that Toyota was run by smart people, but letting your racing devision sponsor a rice "show car" that destroys any and all practical application of the vehicle and not even in an attractive manner really shows how little they know or care about being taken seriously in the US.

If Toyota really wants to be taken seriously as they move into stock car and drag racing here in the states, and really want to impress upon the US public that their vehicles are worthy alternatives to the great American cars: Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, Viper, SVT Contour, Charger, Challenger, etc... they really need to ensure that they distance themselves from these waste of space show cars, ESPECIALLY their Racing Development department.

Who cares it the car wins a show for looking stupid, it does not change the fact that it is a waste of space and matter. The world famous artist Robert Morris paved an "X" on the side of a hill in Grand Rapids, MI, but his fame does not change the fact that it is still just an asphalt "X" with no purpose.

And if you are getting frustrated with all of us realists that are able to realize that all his time and labor are being wasted, you should try to convince your buddy to put his talents to work doing something valuable and practical. It is obvious that he has talent, it is just shameful to see it wasted.

Last edited:
You ask for an oppinion on a public forum and when some of the replies are not positive, you throw a hissy fit?!?!?!?!

With all that body filler and fibregalss, as soon as he hits the first pot hole, it will crank like and easter egg on Monday morning! :)

You ask for an oppinion on a public forum and when some of the replies are not positive, you throw a hissy fit?!?!?!?!

With all that body filler and fibregalss, as soon as he hits the first pot hole, it will crank like and easter egg on Monday morning! :)

The thing is, people need to be a bit nicer in their criticism. I personally take no offense to when people say things like this:

after all that work...

zzz.gif

TRD needs to give him some go go

This is more CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. However, Tourige and Pen_Two decide to make rude, crass, and unnecessary comments. No one wants to read posts like that except themselves. I don't have a problem with people who disagree with it, because everyone has different tastes. But whatever I'm just going to ditch this thread because I guess no one really wants to see this car.

Back