• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ebay Springs

i could be wrong but i read that the kyb gr2 struts are ok for lowering applications.

nope ...

suspension faq said:
What struts are available?
Brand/ Model/ Adjustable?/ Lowering Advised?
Koni/ Yellow/ Yes/ Yes
Bilstein/ Sprintline/ No/ yes
B.A.T/ Euro / No/ With BAT or similar springs
Ford/ ST200/ No/ Spring perch is 1" lower, not necessary
KYB/ GR2/ No/ No
Sachs/ Super Gas/ No/ No
Spax/ Sport/ No/ No

i couldve sworn they were for lower springs, and ive seen eibach/kyb setup on dozens of cars... dunno.

i wasnt trying to cheap out on struts, i thought kybs were good...

i couldve sworn they were for lower springs, and ive seen eibach/kyb setup on dozens of cars... dunno.

i wasnt trying to cheap out on struts, i thought kybs were good...
the GR2s are a much better strut on just about every other application OTHER than the contour. for us they are just a factory replacement.

Ok I got the coilovers on and I was wondering what setting of soft to firm did everyone do? Well what I did was set the front and rear to the softest. The only thing I'm getting annoyed of is when there's little bump, it feel like the rear is gonna fly. So what setting do you guys recommend?

Ok I got the coilovers on and I was wondering what setting of soft to firm did everyone do? Well what I did was set the front and rear to the softest. The only thing I'm getting annoyed of is when there's little bump, it feel like the rear is gonna fly. So what setting do you guys recommend?
i have both the fronts and rears on full firm. its a little harsh but i dont care. you just need to go out and play with the settings until you figure out what you like.

well I don't mind bouncy but as long as it doesn't make my rear feel like is going to fly when I go through railroad track if you know what I'm saying, I mean I slow down on those but sometime at night I missed those bumps. Well I'll try soft in front and firm in rear.

For S2Knott:

The KYB GR2 are not even a good replacement for the SVT with factory springs. That's why they are only around 65 bones brand new. The valving is nowhere near as good as the factory struts and I definitely will advise everyone not to use them for lowering. This is first hand experience as I have a set on right now. They are mated to the B&G sport springs with the 1.6" drop. They were only on for about 3000 miles when my right front strut let the juices out. Sucks for sure...stay away!!!!!!!!!

i ran ebay coilovers back in the day when they first came out...only issue i had w/them was they didnt come w/the spanner wrench...since then i've used them on various cars...and i've had about three sets of 400 dollar ground control coilovers...really,i noticed no difference other than you could special order custom spring rates for the ground controls

i ran ebay coilovers back in the day when they first came out...only issue i had w/them was they didnt come w/the spanner wrench...since then i've used them on various cars...and i've had about three sets of 400 dollar ground control coilovers...really,i noticed no difference other than you could special order custom spring rates for the ground controls
yeah mine didnt come with the spanner wrench either but you honestly dont need it. since you have to jack the car up anyways there is plenty of room to just reach in with your hands without the spanner wrench.

Back