• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ebay Springs

i too am curious

The only issue that i can think of would be the threaded collar not fitting cause it was designed for Koni struts not factory/other aftermarket.

they should still work even with the factory struts

OK got one!! here's a pix of it.

PA290007.jpg

so whats wrong with them? the look like the ones i have. i have pics of mine before they were installed (over 2 years ago) somewhere. let me find them

Well I remembered they said something about the thread collar. I didn't really get what was the guy was trying to say. I think he was german or something cuz I didn't get it with his accent

they should still work even with the factory struts

They wont. just like with the ground control setup there is a different collar for the Koni struts. the Konis are slightly smaller in diameter than factory or other aftermarket struts. i had the same issue. i tried to fit them to factory SVT struts but they were just too small. i ordered a set of Konis and they fit perfectly.

Well I remembered they said something about the thread collar. I didn't really get what was the guy was trying to say. I think he was german or something cuz I didn't get it with his accent

I suspect you have collars for Koni struts not factory struts

uhm i ran ground controls on factory struts wit no issues:shrug:

those will work with factory struts but they will kill em quickly
i remember when the guy did mine he had to do a slight modification to the factory strut
im trying to call him now

uhm i ran ground controls on factory struts wit no issues:shrug:
but you could have gotten the KONI ONLY collars. instead you ordered the set for the factory struts. there is a difference. here, scroll down to the GC section for Ford vehicles. youll see it is specified either stock, sachs, etc, OR Koni

here are the pics i took of mine. sorry i only had my camera phone at the time
3128457144_ORIG.jpg

3128457143_ORIG.jpg

Well here's is the reason why I want to put these in. All four of my shocks blew out recently. I notice it when I hear clicking or something loose when I'm on a bumpy road and speed bumps.

Well here's is the reason why I want to put these in. All four of my shocks blew out recently. I notice it when I hear clicking or something loose when I'm on a bumpy road and speed bumps.

if all of your struts are shot this definatly wont help

if your struts are blown coil overs will only make the car ride worse. it will bounce like non-other. when my Konis broke from the camber kits the car just bounced down the road.

either take the springs back and just replace your struts with factory ones OR buy a set of Konis and put the coilovers on.

My really is really bouncy and bumpy so I might as well just do it just for the heck of it because I'm getting a new car in a month. The guy want to buy it, he want the car lower then he'll buy it.

Back