• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I said I wasn't going to. . . .

KingpinSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
. . . but I did and now the flood gates are opening. I'm not sure what mods will follow (still debating on what system to put together). Butt dyno says yes please. Much louder than the csvt intake was, sounds crazy at WOT.

Welding010.jpg

ScangaugeII says intake temps are lower vs. stock intake setup, which is good to see. I did monitor outside air temp vs. IAT and this has gotten IAT down 8-10* vs. stock (based on a given outside temp).

needs more intake piping.......its a foot shy of a ricer intake.....but looks much better than the stock

edit: i bet that thing gets hot as hell sitting there not to mention is ummmmmm..metal

if that were my car, i'd take the AEM sticker off. imo looks like a custom job and looks much cleaner in the engine bay.

Looks good, but I'd bet it sounds even better. If you can keep your foot out of it, I bet a MPG gain would be noticable too :D

I noted of your list of possible mods in the SWCEG thread, and await more to come :cool:

needs more intake piping.......its a foot shy of a ricer intake.....but looks much better than the stock

edit: i bet that thing gets hot as hell sitting there not to mention is ummmmmm..metal

Meh, its the same length as the stock intake :shrug:

if that were my car, i'd take the AEM sticker off. imo looks like a custom job and looks much cleaner in the engine bay.

Its not a sticker, its a metal badge. I'm not sure how easy it would be to remove, Im leaving it.

Looks good, but I'd bet it sounds even better.

As mentioned, its loud as heck!

Seems like it will be easier to tell when its dirty to me :shrug: My old K&N looked the same whether it needed cleaning or not.

Though its never been a problem for me in the past, this won't get oil on the MAF. That is an issue for some. Just one less thing to deal with.

And heck, if it gets filthy looking instantly, I can always get a "standard" looking filter.

Back