• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

17's and Stock Suspension

TourEnvy

Hard-core CEG'er
Does anyone have any pics of 17's with stock SVT suspension. I have seen alot of wheel but nothing that seems to stand out being stock suspension. looking at FSVT's and Euro FSVT's.

95 SE With 17's

95 SE With 17's

100_0917.jpg
It's not an SVT but it's a stock 95 SE 5 speed.
Thought this may as well be my 1st post.

Attachments

• 100_0917222.jpg
    100_0917222.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It's a very clean car, I was lucky to get it.
The garage is 30 x 70', 8 bay.
The wheels are ADR Demonya 17 x 7 with 225/45/17 Michelin Sports.
Thanks guys.

you know what i have noticed? ok i have 15"s on my svt for winter right now and the car is the same height off the ground as with stock wheels. the 15's have bigger sidewalls so i would think the 17's would have even smaller sidewalls then the stock 16's making the height of the car close to stock.

Larger diameter rim, smaller sidewall tire and vice versa. This is for fitment and to keep the speedometer from being way off.

Yes. You try to maintain same diameter wheel/tire combo therefore maintaining the same radius which will give you the same ride height. I hope that makes sense.

I'd go with 225/45-17's as they fill up the wheel well more.

These pics aren't the best in the world for showing wheel well clearance, since I'm parked on a slope.

rear_svtf.jpg

front_svtf.jpg

it's really dark but I think the black on pacific green looks pretty good. Update I just put a better pic up so all can see. It looks so much better than the first pic. :cool:

Attachments

• car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back