• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

thought you folks might be interested in this

dude! don't gut her!!! fix it up! it's not even bad!

I don't actually know how bad it is.
i wont know until tonight or tomorrow, whenever i go get it.
If i can get the rear window replaced cheap enough, then i might fix it up as a driver, otherwise i will be parting it

Respekt-you up for a ride tonight if i can get it tonight?

the guy said the front wheel looks the worse out of the two.
he said the top of the wheel is pushed in, so i think the strut is mangled.

and considering the shape the body is in along with the interior being open to the elements since november, i might be lucky to get $2k for it once its running, and i can get more than that in parts.

Guess you'll have to see it in person. I think you could get 5k easy if the int. can be cleaned. Why didn't the dude cover the damn window?! Arg! I'm sure you could get used susp. parts from CEGers to fix it.

Swarm!!!

Buzzard1.gif

I still need this stuff to do the warmonger kit anyway. I thought I read somewhere that the late model V6 and SVT V6 calipers were the same, just diff brackets and bigger rotors?

Big Jim said:
The Ford parts catalog (and thus the aftermarket catalogs as well) are wrong about the changeover date. The changeover date from the early SVT and late SVT front calipers was during the 1998 model year, perhaps as early as the change from E0 to E1. The late SVT calipers are the same as the non SVT. That would include part of the 1998 model year as well as the entire 1999 and 2000 model years. The two styles are not interchangeable without the correct caliper brackets.

Also, it looks like nautilus isn't selling the brake kits by the singles yet. So until that or a GB happens, my brakes could use any upgrade.

Last edited:
ok last you said to me you where not planning on the warmonger kit but where going with the FSVT front brakes.

yes to use the warmonger kit you need SVT brakes. All you need to use the SVT rotors is caliper bracket from a 99 or 2k SVT or a later model Cougar with the sport package..

now I forget what year this car was but if its a E0 and has the larger calipers you would need the calipers and bracket. It the caliper is the same size as yours all you need is the bracket.

sure looks like you can buy the kits from the nautilus web site, after the last group buy they where suppose to start selling them on the website
http://www.nautilusperformance.com/catalog/c5_p1.html

Last edited:
ok last you said to me you where not planning on the warmonger kit but where going with the FSVT front brakes.

yes to use the warmonger kit you need SVT brakes. All you need to use the SVT rotors is caliper bracket from a 99 or 2k SVT or a later model Cougar with the sport package..

now I forget what year this car was but if its a E0 and has the larger calipers you would need the calipers and bracket. It the caliper is the same size as yours all you need is the bracket.

I guess by FSVT brakes I meant FSVT rotors :troutslap:

I guess by FSVT brakes I meant FSVT rotors :troutslap:

well get the front and rear kit so if you happen to have to get fresh rotors if the ones on this car are junk then you have them for the back, it somewhat happens to work out like this for me :laugh: now just to install them ...

I was planning on doing the full warmonger kit and getting all new rotors for the front and back anyway.

[/thread hijack]

well she is home.
left my house at 4 this afternoon and i just walked in teh door.
it is very rough.
the interior was full of water as was the trunk.
the drivers side lower control arm is almost wrapped under the subframe.
she fired right up after a few minutes with the cables attached, runs very nice, just doesnt roll too well.
the rear bumper is also missing a small piece on the passenger side down low.
i will get some pictures up tomorrow when its light out.

oh man, im sorry elky i missed your call!!! i was at my 'rents house then helped a buddy rebuild a jetski trailer...im sorry i miss the adventure! post noodz, i mean pics

Mike if your going to part it get in touch with aircougar as he can tell you what is needed for a mtx swap kit and between the two of you you could sell the parts and they can pay Greg to install it ....

Back