• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

thought you folks might be interested in this

41K miles! The interior looks new, if it wasn't exposed to the elements. So sad. :(

hrrmmm....
for $500 thats not a bad deal...
i could make that back in parts and still get parts for myself.

i figure i could get the car home using AAA, so free tow.
then i could probabally have the car stripped in 2 days, cut it up, throw the cut up shell in the back of my truck and bring it down to the scrap yard.
that alone should pay for the car.

thinking very hard about this....

i figure i could get the car home using AAA, so free tow.
then i could probabally have the car stripped in 2 days, cut it up, throw the cut up shell in the back of my truck and bring it down to the scrap yard.
that alone should pay for the car.

thinking very hard about this....
If you do and the headlights are good can I have them as say a finders fee:laugh: I'll pay shipping!!

the more i think about it...if the suspension isn't massively tweaked the car could be repaired easily and sold as a running car...or used as a winter beater!

emailed the seller a few questions.

Omg buy it and fix it up! Don't part it out you oafs! If I had enough money I'd totally buy it...IT'S BLACK! :drool: I reeeeeeeaaallllyyy want a black SVT! :cry:

I dont know for sure if the car has a title or not as he said parts only. I hope that was included in your questions.

yes it was and he has the title and thinks the suspension is fubared.

its too bad someone already bid on it, because i would drive down there tomorrow with cash in hand, but i doubt he would stop the auction now, because the other guy bidding might go higher.

that reminds me, Respecter...dont toss out your broken rear bumper, i might want to buy it from you.

ElKy, try going for it. The bidder has 0 feedback and has been registered "6 months or less". Probably a non-paying bidder.

who cares if the suspension is fubared? hit up a junkyard, or one of the dozen people parting out their contours here...as long as the subframe(s) aren't wrecked. even if they are, the rear is nothign to swap and the front could be a project for you.

change out the rear window and give a good detailing and you've got a 40k mile SVT for a couple grand...tops

damnit!!!
now the price is up to $510!!!
i emailed the guy for directions so i could go down there tomorrow with cash in hand and try to take it home.
and i just noticed by the questions on the bottom of the page that some one from new jersey and someone from Philly were asking about it.
if a friggin North east CEGer is trying move in on this i am going to be pissed!!!!

well, i talked tot he guy and he now decided he will not sell the car until the auction is over.
the high bidder is getting the car.
a guy from bridgewater MA was going to look at it around 2, so i have a feeling i will be in a bidding war against him.

Back