• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Since ADC basically is giving me the finger....

rkneeshaw

CEG'er
I can post the tune file they gave me. But they wont answer calls, respond to emails, nothing. The real joy is that they talked me into the XCal2 for $300 so we could fix the speed limiter, and thats the ONLY reason I paid the extra money for the device, and 9 months later, still a speed limiter problem and I have NOTHING to show for my $300. :mad:

Does anyone here have the ability to look at the tune they gave me and set the speed limiter up to like 175 (just something I wont reach, its still set at 112) and set my cooling fans to come on at like 195 degrees primary, 210 degrees secondary?

ADC and their BS customer service... Not answering calls, emails, and hanging up the phone on people...

Ryan, what was your ECU code?

I just filled out a complaint since the last time I spoke with Keith he promised to send me the XXY4 database for the pro racer package to resolve all this issue and he never did...

Ryan and everyone else please take a couple of minutes to just fill out the form at the BBB website

Thanks Demon, I'll PM tom

XXY2

Thats the same one as mine. Its got to be something with the code. Chris tuned mine and he couldnt for the life of him get it work. Customer service was very good when Chris worked for him, but I didnt want to keep paying for shipping costs and insurance everytime to send back my chip.

Thats the same one as mine. Its got to be something with the code. Chris tuned mine and he couldnt for the life of him get it work. Customer service was very good when Chris worked for him, but I didnt want to keep paying for shipping costs and insurance everytime to send back my chip.

Guys I don't have that code yet so I won't be able to do anything right now. We are discussing becoming an SCT dealer and if we do that would open things up so that we can help everyone. I have to speak to SCT first and find out if we can meet their requirements first.

In the meantime, go to www.sctflash.com and log on to their forums for some help.
Post up a thread, link your tunefile to the thread and ask if one of the SCT guys can look at the tune and find out why the speed limiter is unable to be raised. They may have a glitch in that code and these complaints can help them fix it.

How did you end up tuning your car? I don't think it has to do with the PCM but rather the effort ADC puts into these tunes...

How did you end up tuning your car? I don't think it has to do with the PCM but rather the effort ADC puts into these tunes...

I went straight to the source and had the creater of the SCT software tune my car. He didnt have any problems with it. Hes actually the guy that taught Keyser.

Well the funny thing is, when I had my 2.5 I had a SuperChip module, and it did successfully remove my speed limiter, so I know its possible!

I did post on the sctflash forums, but some guy gave me a generic tune for 19lb injectors and a raised limiter, instead of just modifying the tune file I provided.

Sorry I can't help. When I used the software I could not get the limiter off of any XXY code. The just wasn't anything else available in the GUI to change. Jerry had the most up to date software for everything so I imagine that's how he did it. I haven't touched any version of the SCT software in almost 2 years I think, so I wouldn't trust myself to do a tune on someone else's car.

Back