• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What else do we have with a 2.5 or 3L?? Show them if you got them!

3.2L of Germanic goodness.

IMG_0047.sized.jpg

I'm over by 0.2L, so sue me . . .

Did I see this car for sale some were recently? I beleive still for sale?

220hp at the engine. How is he going to get that much power out of a 3L Duratec wuth headers, intake, and exhaust?

Well over here the 3litre mk3 mondy ST220 suprisingly.........wait for it.....
has 220 BHP standard :crazy: .

FORD V-6 DURATEC ST-220 / manual 6 speed transmission - 50.620.- EURO
(3.0 liter, 6 cylinder, 24-valves, 226 HP - 300 Nm, 10:5 compr.ratio, all aluminium) Ford´s latest super-modern powertrain, well known from Top-of-the-line Mondeo ST-220** (less powerfull version installed in american Lincoln LS)

st220_big.jpg

Last edited:
since mazda used the exact same airbox for the V6 as they did for the I4. it flows plenty of air for the 4 cylinder but not enough for the V6. AEM got a ~25HP gain just out of their cold air intake for the V6. match that with an exhaust and headers and i could see an extra 35 total for the mods.

17.3 litres.

Hmm now for HP

40 WOOT!

Hmm I need more pics.

since when does an intake add 35 horsepower?

The car is 220hp stock plus the gains from the intake and the MAF meter customizer module by Custom Performance Engineering (CPE) which adds 22hp when coupled with the Injen CAI as proven by CPE's dyno testing. In addition, I have removed the stock plastic bumper mesh which did not allow air to travel into the wheel well and replaced it with an open alumininum mesh. I then added a 10.5" long cylindrical filter that reaches down to that opening in the front bumper so that I am getting a lot better and cooler air flow. Honestly, I was amazed at the results with this intake setup. It was worth every bit of the $550 it costed.

Last edited:
The 6s is not 230 from the factory!!! And no way is an intake on a Duratec adding that much hp. And you're talking about power at the engine. :rolleyes: Dyno that car and post up the numbers!!!!! Here is a 6s dyno with intake, header, and exhaust! Ohhh whopping 200hp. And you don't even have headers & exhaust. With parasitic loss that does not equate to 255hp at the engine!!!! Don't try to tout a Duratec equipped car on these boards! Give me a freakin break!

Mazda6s-Header-SRI-Catback.jpg

Last edited:
How bout 2.0L ? You can't leave them out just because they don't have the v6 model ;)

Here's my other 2.0 car (obviously the Mazda 2.0 not the Zetec)

original_184900502_Ford_Probe_1994.jpg

Back